Hacking Frozen Acekard 2

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another World said:
@DSAndi: a common problem with the ak2i is the msd slot. make sure the card is pushed all the way in.

-another world

Thanks for the reply but if i dont push it all the way in the msd will come out by itself by the spring.
Beide that the other acekard2.1 ( booth versions with and without spring ) and acekard2i works without probs.
Is there anything else i can do to fix it ?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DSAndi said:
Got a new AK2i in the mail today. Has the same issue as shown in the vid.
The microsd cant be the issue because with an other AK2.1 and ak2i it works fine.
Looks like the card itself is faulty.
================================================================================
Thanks for the reply but if i dont push it all the way in the msd will come out by itself by the spring.
Beide that the other acekard2.1 ( booth versions with and without spring ) and acekard2i works without probs.

it seems i misread what you first wrote. so the problem is with a 2.1. does your ak 2.1 appear in the nds firmware?

-another world

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another World said:
DSAndi said:
The microsd cant be the issue because with an other AK2.1 and ak2i it works fine.
================================================================================

it seems i misread what you first wrote. so the problem is with a 2.1. does your ak 2.1 appear in the nds firmware?

-another world

Nope the problem is the new acekard2i i got today. I also have another acekard2i and two versions of acekards2.1 ( black pcb and new case ). The new acekard2i freezes. I already find out why. Its not the sd slot or sd card it dont make proper contact with the DS. When i move the card a little while inserted to the DS it starts to work untill i get the card out and reinsert.
Im still dissapointed from the build quality of this card in general.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DSAndi said:
Another World said:
DSAndi said:

-another world

Nope the problem is the new acekard2i i got today. I also have another acekard2i and two versions of acekards2.1 ( black pcb and new case ). The new acekard2i freezes. I already find out why. Its not the sd slot or sd card it dont make proper contact with the DS. When i move the card a little while inserted to the DS it starts to work untill i get the card out and reinsert.
Im still dissapointed from the build quality of this card in general.

you said the msd is secured with the spring, the ak2i does not have a spring. so i asked it you were talking about an ak2.1, and you said no - an ak2i. i think i'm more confused than you are. the 2i was rushed to market to get a jump on sales. its not perfect, it has problems, and i have yet to recommend it to anyone.

i would exchange it with my retailer for another, and another, until you get what you paid for.

-another world

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got 2 acekard2i from DX in the last 6 weeks booth are spring loaded.
The other 2 normal ones are the ones with black PCB and also spring loaded.
I got one acekard2 with new case without clips that is not spring loaded too.

The AK2i i received have a glued case with silver sticker sayin acekard2i dsi compatible are spring loaded and the chip sticks out a little ( like the very old AK2 ).
Since i got no DSI to test em on it i can only test em on my DSL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place