Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT: I've just tried with my originals games, and they are also not working...

I'm post here because I'm tired of trying and frustrated with my Wii. I really need help this time.

First, my Wii wasnt reading two games: Resident Evil DC and Marines Something. But all the other games were working fine, including recenet ones like No More Heroes 2, Sky Crawlers, Ju-On: The Grudge, etc.

But the console just couldn't recognize the discs of RE and Marines.

My Wii was on 3.2U.

Ok. So, in order to run those 2 games, I installed IOS 222, 223, 249, and after IOS56, IOS61, IOS57, etc. Tried some loaders like Neogamma, etc. Also tried serveral DVD-R brands, but no success.

Then I decided to install the 4.2U firmware using v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057 -.

It worked and I got 4.2U. But I couldn't run backups anymore ("cannot recognize disc" error).

But, according to that topic, I should use DOP-IOS to trucha patch my IOS7O to get my backups working. Then I downloaded the DOP-IOS. Accidentaly I truched the IOS36 (I don't know it it has some kind of influence), and after I did the IOS70.

Now the HomeBrew Channel is upside down and my Wii still cannot read backups.

My question is: what can I do in this situation?

I have BootMii with a backup from my 3.2U system, so I think that I can go back, right? (yeah, that's another question) But I would like to keep the 4.2U firmware and get everything working again.

Thanks in advance.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original issue is most likely the laser, which can cause select games not to boot, or all disc in general (especially bootleg)

However, when you updated to 4.2, you needed a leave an IOS un trucha to make bootmii install properly.

run DOP IOS and get a new IOS 70 (redownload and install, do not trucha bug), then go run bootmii and INSTALL HBC and DVDx.

Once verified that HBC opens correctly and right side up, go back and trucha bug whatever IOS (70 or whatever) you selected in order to make it run again.

ALSO make sure you know what the hell you are doing before you just start fing with your WII. I read A LOT before I go down the modifying road, whether PSP, GC, WII, or 360, common sense. Saves you this kind of grief.

Wynd

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
wyndcrosser said:
The original issue is most likely the laser, which can cause select games not to boot, or all disc in general (especially bootleg)

However, when you updated to 4.2, you needed a leave an IOS un trucha to make bootmii install properly.

run DOP IOS and get a new IOS 70 (redownload and install, do not trucha bug), then go run bootmii and INSTALL HBC and DVDx.

Once verified that HBC opens correctly and right side up, go back and trucha bug whatever IOS (70 or whatever) you selected in order to make it run again.

ALSO make sure you know what the hell you are doing before you just start fing with your WII. I read A LOT before I go down the modifying road, whether PSP, GC, WII, or 360, common sense. Saves you this kind of grief.

Wynd

I used DOP IOS and got a new IOS36 (now without trucha; it was truched by me in the beginning) and IOS70 (without trucha too). My Homebrew channel was OK after that, so didn't need to install it again (right?). After that I also used trucha on ISO70...

But, still, I can't get my backups or original games to working. In fact, Monster Lab (original) wasked for a update once ("You need to install a update in order to keep this aplication working" or something like that), but it was just once. It isn't recognize anymore.

I also installed DVDx, as you said (via HackMii).

But still, I can get anything working again.

You said that it should be a laser issue, but everything (besided REDC and Marines) were working just fine before the 4.2 update... How can it be?

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested now with Neogamma R7, and everything is working.

So, I think that disc channel from the Wii system is dead, but I still can play using apps loaders.

Resident Evil DC and Marines are not working, thought. I think that these 2 games will never work here. =/

Thanks. At least, I can play via Neogamma, but if anoyone knows how to get the disc channel working propely again and how (the hell LOL) I can play Resident Evil DC and Marines, please, tell me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo