Hacking Freezing Games!!

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello to all of you,

Sorry to make my first post here a "help me" post, but hopefully one day I'll reach the point where I will be knowledgeable enough to help others.

My G6 Lite works great with most games but I found that occaisionally certain games (ROMS) would freeze up on me. This included Rub Rabbits, New SMB, Ouendan, and a few others. This was when I was writing in "DoFat mode". I then switched to "Normal" mode and those that could use this write mode were flawless. However, some games such as Rub Rabbits and Ouendan could not be written in "Normal" mode for some reason and I continue to have lockup problems with these games. "Safe Mode" doesn't seem to fix the problem either.

I find my troubles odd because everywhere I read that this cart has ~100% NDS ROM compatibility. Some additional info:

* I have a DS Lite (NorthAmerican version)
* I flashed it with Flashme v7 (lite version)
* I have not been "ejecting" my G6 USB burner. I have just been pulling out after it is finished writing. After reading about the problems caused by this just now on these forums, I will stop doing this.
* I downloaded the newest PC software for the G6 from the company website
* I have not touched the G6 lite flashcart firmware

That's about it. Any help to determine the cause of this and the eventual solution (if there is one) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
GGD

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would have been money in the bank for you, my friend! I am infact using this firmware version. I'm assuming an upgrade will resolve these issues?

EDIT: I have upgraded to 4.3 and things work beautifully! The menu even seems to load faster (no more "Data precessing...") I hope this means that "DoFat" will become more reliable as the fast load times are great!

Thanks to outphase for your help!

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad you figured it out
smile.gif
Someone finally understands the point of my (intentionally) vague responses.

Picolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New firmware doesnt have the "Data precessin.." loading when you start any more?

Im quite sure that I got the lastest version even tho my g6 says i got "Appname : G6 Manager 4.2b" in the "About".

I still get "Data precessing" when I restart the DS Lite since it's storing the savegame then.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 4.3 seems to be the latest. You can go here ( http://www.handheldsources.com/Download%20...ftware%203.html ) to get it.

I just tried my DS again and it seems the loading screen has reappeared. I guess last night it just didn't need it since I was turning it on and off a lot. That happened with 4.2a as well. Though I must say they did correct "Data Precessing" to "Data Processing"!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021