Homebrew Freeshop is broken

ForeverEternal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to extract the contents of some CIA files. (No dice)

Probably messed around with files9 and DGames9 folders and now whenever I try to run freeshop it crashes when checking the latest cache.

I've tried to uninstall it but I can't.

Here are the errors

Deleting freeshop title:

Failed to delete title
Result code: 0xD8A083FA
Level: Permanent(27)
Summary: Invalid state(5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Not found (1018)

Installing freeshop title (QR):

Failed to install from URL
https://github-cloud.s3...
Result code: 0xD9004588
Level: Permanent(27)
Summary: Wrong argument (8)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: RSA/Hash verification failure (392)

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I do that?
1. get a import.db and title.db (if you don't got one i will give you one) (PM)
2. go to the root of your 2d card and goto Nintendo 3ds/random letters and numbers/random letters and numbers until you see ''extdata''
3. create a folder next to ''extdata'' folder called ''dbs''
4. place your import.db and title.db in that dbs folder
5. place your sd card in the 3ds and goto system app and goto your app management and software
6. it will ask you to reset or not (reset it)
7. gratz you can delete the freeshop
(that was always the reason why i wasnt able to download/erase apps from my 3ds)

ForeverEternal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so for some reason I have 2 random letters folders. One of them had a dbs folder and the another didn't. I copied over the dbs folder and when I went to app management/software it didn't ask me for a reset. Naturally I also tried to delete the freeshop save data but it didn't let me.

Another thing to add whenever I press home button after attempting to uninstall. I get a black screen with this message

"An error has occured ... For help visit ...."

Some questions regarding to your procedure. Will I lose any save data? Can I try with an empty title.db and import.db?

Thank you.

EDIT: Tried with empty db files they rebuild themselves but never ask for a reset.

EDIT 2: Noticed there's a title with no name and a question mark icon. Weighths 0 blocks and cannot be deleted.

EDIT 3: Sometimes it asks for a reset when entering DLC content, stating that the contents are corrupt, reset fails afterwards.

EDIT 4: When exiting FBI all icons disappear as if the SD card were removed. Also cannot install any CIA from titledb.

Last edited by ForeverEternal,

ForeverEternal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, figured out the issue.

My SD card is no longer usable. Can't format, doesn't recognize any changes when adding/removing files. Additionally I cannot back up/delete any data found in sd/Nintendo 3DS/gibberish/gibberish/extdata

Tried formatting with windows, linux and emunand9. (No avail in all cases)

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, figured out the issue.

My SD card is no longer usable. Can't format, doesn't recognize any changes when adding/removing files. Additionally I cannot back up/delete any data found in sd/Nintendo 3DS/gibberish/gibberish/extdata

Tried formatting with windows, linux and emunand9. (No avail in all cases)
Yea, your SD hit its lifespan you could as a last resort TRY to use dotnet Disk Imager/Win32DiskImage to try and make an image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1