Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to suggest an alternate solution, do you have any of the games on this list?

***007 Agent under fire, DRIVING.ELF {info is in the tutorial}

***007 Nightfire, DRIVING.ELF [ go to the 2nd level and save, return to main menu and swap discs, select 2nd level and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***007 from Russia with love, NFS.ELF [ go to the need for speed DEMO from the main menu, and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***SOCOM Combined Assult, SCUSNGUI.ELF [swap at main menu, select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "LAN", you will go to another screen where you exit, upon exiting that screen ulaunchelf will start.]

***Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, NETDOWN.ELF [ press start, your now at the main menu, swap disks, select "SPECIAL", now select "CAMOUFLAGE DOWNLOAD" by pressing O button, ulaunchelf will start]

***Socom 3, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from main menu, select your save, select "ONLINE", select "LAN", select "EDIT CONFIGURATION", ulaunch will start ]

***Socom 2, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from the main menu, swap in your backup, select "LAN", select "EDIT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS", ulaunchelf will start.]

***Syphon Filter The Omega Strain, NTGUI2CN.ELF (in netgui folder)[first create a save game, then select "PLAY ON-LINE", it will now ask you to "Launch NetGui application now?" select yes, ulaunchelf will start.]

***Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, SC3_ON.ELF [swap at main menu, press start, then select "MULTIPLAYER ONLINE", ulaunchelf will start]

***Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, GUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[at main menu swap, "press start" & select "PLAY ONLINE", a series of loading screens will happen, select "create/edit", select "create/edit" again, another screen will ask you the same question., ulaunch will start]

***King of Fighters Neowave, NTGUI2.ELF [press start, now select "NETWORK MATCH", highlight the first option and enter that, now select the second option, uLaunchelf will start]

***StarWars Battlefront 2 NTGUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[go to the main menu, swap and select "multiplayer", now select "LAN", select "Add/Edit", now select "EXIT WITHOUT SAVING", ulaunch will start]

***Jak X Combat Racing, NTGUI_UC.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[first create a save, from the main menu, select "Exhibition", now select "LAN", now select "ACCEPT", ulaunchelf will start]

***Ratchet Deadlocked, NTGUI.ELF (in NETGUI folder)[select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "ONLINE PLAY", select "NETWORK SETUP", ulaunch will start]

***Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, NTGUI2.ELF (in the NTGUI2 folder)[select "ONLINE", now "ACCEPT", now select "Edit/Create Network Configuration", ulaunchelf will start]

***NHL 2004, NTGUI.ELF [Main Menu > Game Modes > Play Online > Continue without saving, then Swap at Network Configuration screen and hit X, ulaunchelf will start]

*** Demo Disc 066 [NTSC-U] [SCUS-97241],ROCKY.ELF (in rocky folder) [select "playground", there is a little video so press X to skip, then select "rocky". Press X and it gives you a controller diagram, SWAP here and then press X. uLaunchELF will start.]

***Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Replace SLUS_201.99 file in DEMO folder > Go to Settings on the main menu and select Dave Mira BMX demo, Swap disc when menu appears asking if you want to load demo, Hit yes, ulaunchelf will start]

***Hitman: Blood Money, Replace URBAN.ELF file in URBAN folder > In the main menu go to extras and select the demo for Urban Chaos, ulaunchelf will start]

***Madden 2007, Replace NTGUI.ELF file > swap cd at main menu, go to "Play Online" select "Create New Account" and ULaunchElf will start]

***Need For Speed Underground 2, Replace NTGUI.ELF file in the NETGUI folder > swap disc at main menu, selected Online, then Add/Edit and ULaunchElf will start]

***FIFA 2008, Replace NETGUI_NA.ELF file >-Select "Online Mode" from the main menu (it's recommended to have a saved profile for the game on Memory card) -Select "Add/Edit" option (configure a new account and then go to the "Add" option again) -The screen goes to black & then ulaunchelf appears!

***Mortal Kombat Armageddon [SLUS 21410GH] (Replaced NTGUI.ELF, but disc check was performed before it was launched in every situation I tried in the Online Play area. No other *.ELF to replace on disc.)

If you have one of these you can take the top off of your PS2, boot up your legit game, and then while quickly removing the top of the drive you swap it to a disc you've burnt that replaces something with ulaunchelf.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm going to suggest an alternate solution, do you have any of the games on this list?

***007 Agent under fire, DRIVING.ELF {info is in the tutorial}

***007 Nightfire, DRIVING.ELF [ go to the 2nd level and save, return to main menu and swap discs, select 2nd level and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***007 from Russia with love, NFS.ELF [ go to the need for speed DEMO from the main menu, and it will boot ulaunchelf ]

***SOCOM Combined Assult, SCUSNGUI.ELF [swap at main menu, select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "LAN", you will go to another screen where you exit, upon exiting that screen ulaunchelf will start.]

***Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, NETDOWN.ELF [ press start, your now at the main menu, swap disks, select "SPECIAL", now select "CAMOUFLAGE DOWNLOAD" by pressing O button, ulaunchelf will start]

***Socom 3, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from main menu, select your save, select "ONLINE", select "LAN", select "EDIT CONFIGURATION", ulaunch will start ]

***Socom 2, SCUSNGUI.ELF [from the main menu, swap in your backup, select "LAN", select "EDIT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS", ulaunchelf will start.]

***Syphon Filter The Omega Strain, NTGUI2CN.ELF (in netgui folder)[first create a save game, then select "PLAY ON-LINE", it will now ask you to "Launch NetGui application now?" select yes, ulaunchelf will start.]

***Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, SC3_ON.ELF [swap at main menu, press start, then select "MULTIPLAYER ONLINE", ulaunchelf will start]

***Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, GUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[at main menu swap, "press start" & select "PLAY ONLINE", a series of loading screens will happen, select "create/edit", select "create/edit" again, another screen will ask you the same question., ulaunch will start]

***King of Fighters Neowave, NTGUI2.ELF [press start, now select "NETWORK MATCH", highlight the first option and enter that, now select the second option, uLaunchelf will start]

***StarWars Battlefront 2 NTGUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[go to the main menu, swap and select "multiplayer", now select "LAN", select "Add/Edit", now select "EXIT WITHOUT SAVING", ulaunch will start]

***Jak X Combat Racing, NTGUI_UC.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)[first create a save, from the main menu, select "Exhibition", now select "LAN", now select "ACCEPT", ulaunchelf will start]

***Ratchet Deadlocked, NTGUI.ELF (in NETGUI folder)[select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "ONLINE PLAY", select "NETWORK SETUP", ulaunch will start]

***Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, NTGUI2.ELF (in the NTGUI2 folder)[select "ONLINE", now "ACCEPT", now select "Edit/Create Network Configuration", ulaunchelf will start]

***NHL 2004, NTGUI.ELF [Main Menu > Game Modes > Play Online > Continue without saving, then Swap at Network Configuration screen and hit X, ulaunchelf will start]

*** Demo Disc 066 [NTSC-U] [SCUS-97241],ROCKY.ELF (in rocky folder) [select "playground", there is a little video so press X to skip, then select "rocky". Press X and it gives you a controller diagram, SWAP here and then press X. uLaunchELF will start.]

***Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Replace SLUS_201.99 file in DEMO folder > Go to Settings on the main menu and select Dave Mira BMX demo, Swap disc when menu appears asking if you want to load demo, Hit yes, ulaunchelf will start]

***Hitman: Blood Money, Replace URBAN.ELF file in URBAN folder > In the main menu go to extras and select the demo for Urban Chaos, ulaunchelf will start]

***Madden 2007, Replace NTGUI.ELF file > swap cd at main menu, go to "Play Online" select "Create New Account" and ULaunchElf will start]

***Need For Speed Underground 2, Replace NTGUI.ELF file in the NETGUI folder > swap disc at main menu, selected Online, then Add/Edit and ULaunchElf will start]

***FIFA 2008, Replace NETGUI_NA.ELF file >-Select "Online Mode" from the main menu (it's recommended to have a saved profile for the game on Memory card) -Select "Add/Edit" option (configure a new account and then go to the "Add" option again) -The screen goes to black & then ulaunchelf appears!

***Mortal Kombat Armageddon [SLUS 21410GH] (Replaced NTGUI.ELF, but disc check was performed before it was launched in every situation I tried in the Online Play area. No other *.ELF to replace on disc.)
If you have one of these you can take the top off of your PS2, boot up your legit game, and then while quickly removing the top of the drive you swap it to a disc you've burnt that replaces something with ulaunchelf.

Very true (provided he has any games for the console), but it's probably much safer to just lock the lid mechanism in place instead of operating on an open system. :P

Here's the tutorial in question.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's mostly because those booting methods were largely obsoleted by the rapid expansion of SwapMagic, Action Replay, memory card readers and FMCB itself - they're simply inconvenient to use in comparison to the myriad of other options.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Realistically there are only four installation methods:
  • Using AR/Gameshark/Codebreaker to boot the installation ELF which doesn't work in your case, likely due to the USB stick
  • Using a SwapMagic disc to swap an original PS2 game for an installation disc, but you don't have an original SwapMagic
  • Using a Memor32 or any other Memory Card or Memory Card adapter that lets you connect the card to a PC to put the installation files on it manually, but you don't have that either
  • Live-swapping a game disc and an installation disc which requires you to make some minor modifications to the lid mechanism (entirely reversible)
All of those methods are described on the FMCB homepage.

if i could figure out why the ar max ps1 exploit plays the ps1 game rather than going to the white screen that is described i could have that done http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/armax2.php when i tun the exploit it doesnt run just plays the game
It doesn't go to a whitescreen because that exploit only works on Fat aka Classic PS2's, it doesn't work on the PS2 Slim.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
correct i have three playstations and one is a fat SCPH-39001

Perfect, you can perform that exploit on the Fat PS2 just fine. uLaunchELF has far better USB drivers than ARMax, if the browser boots after the initial white flash as described, you're golden to install whatever from your USB stick.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tut. please as likei have said i tried and tried but it just constatly played the PS1 game rather than running exploit

Have you "concocted" a proper TILE.DB file for the game, converted it into a save file using PS2 Save Builder and placed it on the Memory Card using ARMax according to the instructions?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That... is very weird. Have you tried using a different game, perhaps? The exploit should "kick in" the moment the system checks for a save file on the memory card. For all intents and purposes, it should work just fine on any Fat PS2. Re-check all the steps you've taken.

Of course the game has to be a PS1 one - I don't think I need to explain that. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
obviously i used a wrestling game that was lying around

Okay then. Double-check that the region code in the save file matches that on the game disc, that the exploited save file is on the memory card which is inserted into the first slot of the PS2 and that the BOOT.ELF embedded into the save file is the right one (uLaunchELF's BOOT.ELF). If that fails, try with a different game if possible - the PS2 Fat should be exploitable in this way.

allanj87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
use agent under fire gaurentee you it will work and amazon has them for a couple of bux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    what are you guys talking about
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    or is Hunter Fox just copying Chuck Tingle?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That pussy is two faced af
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone...