Hacking Freakyhax vs lower firmware

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Thinking of picking up an n3DS and was wondering what the overall differences are to the user experience in between getting a machine running the latest firmware or one on lower firmware?

I've already procured Freakyforms Deluxe in anticipation based on a bit of prior reading and was wondering if its worth paying the extra for a lower fw machine?

Thanks

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a n3DS lower than 11.0 you'll be able to easily downgrade with freakyforms, install A9LH and do anything u want.
If you don't, then you won't be able to do this that easy (you'll probably need a second 3DS already hacked in order to do it) and you will only be able to use homebrew, without installing games or homebrew.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Right, so I can't launch the homebrew channel on the latest firmware using Freakyhax then? I'm not interested in pirating games per se but do want access to emulators and whatnot.

What's the latest firmware on an n3DS that can be downgraded using Freakyhax alone without the secondary console?

Thanks

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, so I can't launch the homebrew channel on the latest firmware using Freakyhax then? I'm not interested in pirating games per se but do want access to emulators and whatnot.

What's the latest firmware on an n3DS that can be downgraded using Freakyhax alone without the secondary console?

Thanks
You can, but you have more power (and more type of emulators such as PSX) if you are able to install them.
The lest to downgrade only with HBL is 10.7.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Thanks

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The goal is not only pirated content obviously. But say you can access homebrew right now on latest firmware with entrypoint X (X being Freakyhax or whatever you want). When Nintendo rolls their next update, you won't be able to anymore.
But if you hacked with A9LH or "even just" menuhax, you'd still be able to enjoy homebrew on your updated hacked system.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
The goal is not only pirated content obviously. But say you can access homebrew right now on latest firmware with entrypoint X (X being Freakyhax or whatever you want). When Nintendo rolls their next update, you won't be able to anymore.
But if you hacked with A9LH or "even just" menuhax, you'd still be able to enjoy homebrew on your updated hacked system.

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense.

Whenever you delve into an already evolved hacking ecosystem the sheer volume of info, acronyms and approaches can be a tad overwhelming so I appreciate the pointers.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In simple terms, the Homebrew Launcher is just that - it lets you launch homebrew in userland and nothing else.

On the other hand, installing a CFW means you will be able to install your homebrew, emulators and the like to your system menu as if it were legitimate software. The exploits will be permenently applied to your system, rather than having to use the Homebrew Launcher every time,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4