Fraps not working

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Licardo7, Feb 5, 2011.

Feb 5, 2011

Fraps not working by Licardo7 at 11:17 PM (545 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Licardo7
    OP

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok first of all, this isn't a recording problem, this is a playback problem. I run Modern Warfare 2 at around 150+fps and when i record with fraps it goes down to about 90 and it isn't bad. What's messed up is that when i play back the movie, it looks like i had litterally 1 fps wile playing.
    Im not saying that it was choppy and ran rough, i mean that it literally looked like 1 screen shot, a second later an other screenshot. I have recorded about 5 different things and they are all teh same.

Can someone help me please?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You're not supposed to play back the recordings directly, they're way too bitrate-intensive. You need to run them through a converter before they'll be properly viewable.

3. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    If you recorded at full-size, playing the recording back directly takes quite a bit of specs to be able to run back smoothly, especially if it's 1080p.

If you want to convert / compress which will definitely reduce the file size and make it watchable, try out the free super converter "SUPER" -> http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Good luck!

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom