FPS drops on retroarch mGBA

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xHomerOx, May 29, 2016.

1. xHomerOx
    OP

xHomerOx Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    Argentina
    Hello again, i started to understand the homebrew on 3ds, but i have a problem with the mGBA retroarch. I have chosen that emu because i can change the key bindings. But i have a problem with some ROMS. For example I am playing Pokemon Sapphire USA Version, the emulation is ok but the fps drops from 60 to 40 or 30 when i press the select button to save or i want to see my stats. It also happens at the start of Poke Battle, and it's nearly unplayable. I don't think it's a Hardware problem because the DS games runs smooth. I tried with/without sound, turned audio off, and other things but there too many setup options. Do you know what could it be? Thanks in advance!!! I have N3DSXL with Luma 11.0.0.33.

2. HenryLeonheart

HenryLeonheart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2014
    Old 3DS or New 3DS? The old 3DS can't play GBA games at full speed unless you're using virtual console injects.

Edit: Saw it was N3DS. Some ROMs even with the N3DS can't play at full speed like Pokémon. If you don't mind the default keys, VC Injection is the best thing you can do to play them at full speed.

Last edited by HenryLeonheart, May 29, 2016
  3. xHomerOx
    OP

xHomerOx Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    Argentina
    I will try the CIA then, THANKS!!!

4. caffVic

caffVic Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016