Homebrew Found my old Wii...

SonicTheGamerHog360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old wii and it has 4.3U so I want to homebrew it but I don't have a sd card. What I wanted to do is to just use flashhax but I don't even have the internet browser so I would have to update the system to open wii shop to download the internet browser (I KNOW ITS DOWN BUT IT MIGHT WORK IF I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE BROWSER) The point is is it safe for me to update my wii to the latest version or should I just wait to buy an sd card

SonicTheGamerHog360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I try to use flashhax it will work? and letterbomb?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so if I try to use flashhax it will work? and letterbomb?

D

Deleted User

I found my old wii and it has 4.3U so I want to homebrew it but I don't have a sd card. What I wanted to do is to just use flashhax but I don't even have the internet browser so I would have to update the system to open wii shop to download the internet browser (I KNOW ITS DOWN BUT IT MIGHT WORK IF I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE BROWSER) The point is is it safe for me to update my wii to the latest version or should I just wait to buy an sd card
the wii shop is closed permanently. meaning you cant even enter to it. no more skyward sword update or netflix

SonicTheGamerHog360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

You can update,no problem.

Good luck.:yay:

P.S. it is recommended to use an SD Card.For use of Emulators or Homebrew apps like USBLoader.:)
flashhax no.
letterbomb no (you need SD Card for the "message"):)

You need this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-channel-less-sd-less-entry-point-str2hax.523210/
the wii shop is closed permanently. meaning you cant even enter to it. no more skyward sword update or netflix
ok then thanks for telling me

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Yes you can use USB "Equipment".Its laborious because the apps are programed to run from SD Card.
But the Homebrew Channel HAS to run from SD Card.All important "System" apps also.:)

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
just use STR2Hax. You will need a SD Card or USB device to Load homebrew, though.
Also, 4.3U/J/K/E is the latest System Menu Version.
Also, you can still use the Wii Shop, but only to redownload purchased software.
And the Wii U Transfer tool and the Skyward Sword Save Data Update channels still work.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not true.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...a_id/27560/~/wii-shop-channel-discontinuation

"It is no longer possible to purchase new content from the Wii Shop. However, for the time being you may continue to re-download content you have purchased or transfer that content from a Wii system to a Wii U system. Be aware that these features will eventually end at a future date."

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
This is not true.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...a_id/27560/~/wii-shop-channel-discontinuation

"It is no longer possible to purchase new content from the Wii Shop. However, for the time being you may continue to re-download content you have purchased or transfer that content from a Wii system to a Wii U system. Be aware that these features will eventually end at a future date."
THANK YOU! I just HATE how so many people think that the Wii Shop is permanently closed.

Reactions: n00bsaib0t

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1