Found a little trick

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by senas8, Mar 9, 2017.

1. senas8
    OP

senas8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    So I bought two switches. The bad news is that you can only have one console activated for that account.. that means to download a game and play it on your second account, you have to deactivate one of them. Well I found something interesting.

I deactivated one switch that I bought the game on, and activated the second switch. Downloaded the game, then deactivated that switch and activated the first switch. What I did not do is close the game in the deactivated switch, and now I can play both games at the same time. If you quit the game on the switch you deactivate it.. then you can't play it anymore! It will ask you to activate it. And as long as you don't quit the game your good. You can go back to the main menu, go into settings but just don't quit the game.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I assume this trick is only for the Filthy Download Peasants, and not for the Cartridge Master Race?

jinzokami likes this.
  3. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    Since the Switch only has one game worth playing, this would be a valuable trick.

4. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2008
    United States
    Hyrule
    Now if only they add in cloud syncing for game saves.

5. Silithas

Silithas GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2012
    Norway
    This^^^^^

This is sooo much needed. What if the switch storage dies? then there's 2-500 hours of zelda gone in a blink. Unless we can simply copy files to a micro sd? Or does it only allow to move?

6. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2008
    United States
    Hyrule
    I'm pretty confident we're going to get that feature after Reggie's comment.

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    This really isn't a trick. This is basically the same thing as installing a program, running it, and uninstalling the program. So long as the program is loaded in memory, it will still continue to function. Once you clean it out of memory, it will stop functioning.

8. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Reggie also says for years that he loves Metroid.

9. senas8
    OP

senas8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    I agree but that's not what's happening here. The game doesn't uninstall. For example if ur playing fast rmx ... you beat a level then you go on to the next level. Game doesn't uninstall. I have still not closed the game.. and it's still working after all this time. Don't you think by now it would clear out of memory. I'm thinking more of the lisence has not been revoked until you close the game.

Last edited by senas8, Mar 12, 2017
  10. Dann_

Dann_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Afghanistan
    the console probs only checks if you actually own the game when you try to launch it tbh

DoJo_Master and Lucifer666 like this.
  11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    And under what I said, it would keep playing the entire game. You can technically play all of Animal Crossing off RAM on the gamecube.
    But basically this is because the system isn't checking if you own the game as you are playing it. It only checks when you actually launch it. Once the game is launched, it's loaded the licence is already loaded, checked, and checks out on Nintendo's end. Once you close it and try again, it tells Nintendo that you no longer own this game.