Forwarders for GBA games installed on sysnand possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by retroguy, Mar 30, 2016.

1. retroguy
    OP

retroguy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2006
    Netherlands
    Hi, like most of you I like to browse through all my installed games and start one of them in the Emunand homescreen, including my GBA games that are installed on the (AGB_Firm patched) sysnand. But regretfully GBA games have to be installed double when I want to start them from Emunand. However, I hate waiste of space on my SC card.

So it would be nice if in Emunand only a small-size forwarder would be needed, per GBA game that is installed on the Sysnand. This could be a small CIA, only containing an icon of the corresponding GBA game and executing a reboot of the 3DS through the Homebrew app Minipasta into the patched Sysnand and automatically start the corresponding GBA game, which is only installed in Sysnand.

In that way, I can view all GBA games from Emunand, only install them on sysnand but still execute them through the forwarder in Emunand HS. Only objective is to save space, which can be considerable as some GBA games have a pretty big install printfoot.

Is that possible (asks the unskilled programmer)?

Last edited by retroguy, Mar 30, 2016
  2. solsolis

solsolis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Outrealm
  3. retroguy
    OP

retroguy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2006
    Netherlands
    Ha LOL. :rofl2: Thanks. :bow: I'm feeling really stupid right now. :blush:

Edit: but I managed to make some GBA CIA forwarders. Thanks again for showing me the tut.

Last edited by retroguy, Mar 31, 2016