Hacking Forwarders are back!

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021.png

Here it is. Same TitleID of the other one. Added to 1st post. Both should also wok with USB path (specified in my 1st post).

Thanks... is a great job.. but Asper, any chance of getting a Wiiflow " Orchid " vWii forwarder? can you create a channel for me?

:) (Y)

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Was a WiiSX vWii forwarder posted yet? (didn't see it in the first post)

EDIT:

New WiiSX Channel forwarder for vWii ! Thanks to the original author for original file !

Tested and working with boot.dol and boot.elf in:
SD :\apps\wiisx
SD :\apps\wiiSX

The emulator dol should be v2.1 but a mod version; I read there are problems with original wiiSX version and forwarders.

Tell me if it works for you and I will add it to the 1st page (I do not have IOS or other PSX stuff to test).

I can confirm that your WiiSX forwarder works in vWii, thanks! Add to first page. :)

Q: How come when I exit the MMM from the MMM vWii forwarder it shows the Health and Safety Warning? but other forwarders don't? and it doesn't when exiting MMM from HBC?

Q: Also when I launch MMM via forwarder it says that the current loaded IOS is IOS 35, but when I launch via HBC it says IOS loaded is IOS 58. What's up with that?

Q: Has anyone tested Game Channel Forwarders? Could you convert this one to vWii for me for testing?

Super Mario Galaxy Wii forwarder: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s3cavb7kluhdkhy

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was a WiiSX vWii forwarder posted yet? (didn't see it in the first post)

EDIT:

I can confirm that your WiiSX forwarder works in vWii, thanks! Add to first page. :)

Q: How come when I exit the MMM from the MMM vWii forwarder it shows the Health and Safety Warning? but other forwarders don't? and it doesn't when exiting MMM from HBC?

Q: Also when I launch MMM via forwarder it says that the current loaded IOS is IOS 35, but when I launch via HBC it says IOS loaded is IOS 58. What's up with that?

Q: Has anyone tested Game Channel Forwarders? Could you convert this one to vWii for me for testing?

Super Mario Galaxy forwarder: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s3cavb7kluhdkhy

Added WiiSX to 1st post, thanks for the test.

Forwarders works differently form HBC and maybe differently from each others (depends on the code they are programmed with, mine are only rebuilding/repacking, no source code access).

Game Channel forwarders should works on vWii without rebuilding but they must be tested (I have never used them on Wii or vWii); if the Game Channel Forwarder doesn't cause a brick in a real Wii or under Dolphin emulator it will not brick vWii either; you can test the one you linked (if you have the game and you know how to make a Game Channel Forwarder up and running) - post results here, you will be the 1st !

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Added WiiSX to 1st post, thanks for the test.

Forwarders works differently form HBC and maybe differently from each others (depends on the code they are programmed with, mine are only rebuilding/repacking, no source code access).

K, starting MMM on IOS 35 kinda sucks because each time you have to change the loader to 249 before installing WADs. If there's any way to fix this that would be cool.

Game Channel forwarders should works on vWii without rebuilding but they must be tested (I have never used them on Wii or vWii); if the Game Channel Forwarder doesn't cause a brick in a real Wii or under Dolphin emulator it will not brick vWii either; you can test the one you linked (if you have the game and you know how to make a Game Channel Forwarder up and running) - post results here, you will be the 1st !

I tested the SMG forwarder on a Wii and it works. I tried it on vWii and it installed fine, but when I launch it I just get a Black Screen freeze each attempt. :( SMG is on the USB drive and loads fine via WiiFlow. Any ideas or suggestions? (I tried playing around with CRAP 3.3 Channel Creator, WBFS Channel Creator but no luck) Maybe there's something missing or needed for vWii? Could you look into this?

Anyone else had any luck getting Game Channels/forwarders working in vWii?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I tested the SMG forwarder on a Wii and it works. I tried it on vWii and it installed fine, but when I launch it I just get a Black Screen freeze each attempt. :( SMG is on the USB drive and loads fine via WiiFlow. Any ideas or suggestions? (I tried playing around with CRAP 3.3 Channel Creator, WBFS Channel Creator but no luck) Maybe there's something missing or needed for vWii? Could you look into this?

Anyone else had any luck getting Game Channels/forwarders working in vWii?

Don't have a wii u yet to test but you can try creating channels changing the nand loader. It's in the settings part. For WiiGSC that I'm talking of course.
Latest version of which could be found here: http://www.wiidewii.com/read.php?28,26965

Ps: you can fiddle with the config and add a known to be working nand loader into the program too. You should add it into the NandLoaders section.

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Don't have a wii u yet to test but you can try creating channels changing the nand loader. It's in the settings part. For WiiGSC that I'm talking of course.
Latest version of which could be found here: http://www.wiidewii.com/read.php?28,26965

Ps: you can fiddle with the config and add a known to be working nand loader into the program too. You should add it into the NandLoaders section.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately WiiGSC is the same thing as CRAP 3.3, anyways I tried it anyways I'm going through all the loaders testing wads for each and so far none work. All result in a black screen hang.

EDIT: Turns out WiiGSC had WiiFlow Forwarder loader which CRAP 3.3 didn't.

EDIT: Wewt! Got Game Channel forwarders working! I'm using a WBFS formatted drive. I used WiiGSC 1.06b. Under 'Loader' I selected WiiFlow Forwarder. I installed the WAD and it loads great. (only thing is that instead of directly booting the game, it first displays the WiiFlow loading animation and then the wiiflow loading bar for about ~6-10 secs) but it works! all the other loaders (I tested them all) black screen hang, at least for me. So there you go. :)

vWii working & tested Game Channel WiiFlow Forwarders:
*snip - Contains copyrighted code*

Reactions: Pattonfiend67

steven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a black screen when exiting wii64 and wiisx. Other than that everything else works. Any suggestions.
before complaining about what didn't work I probably should have thanked the people that took the time to make these and upload them. Thanks for all the hard work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
vWii working & tested Game Channel WiiFlow Forwarders:
If you use the official game banners to create the Game forwarder, it contains Nintendo code.
I didn't test them, but I suppose that's what you did.
if you used legal channel and banner animation code/data made yourself, I'll put the URLs back.

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
If you use the official game banners to create the Game forwarder, it contains Nintendo code.
I didn't test them, but I suppose that's what you did.
if you used legal channel and banner animation code/data made yourself, I'll put the URLs back.

You should probably rush to remove a lot of the forwarders from page 1 then. They also contain Nintendo Intellectual Property, (music, images) which are also copyright and used without permission. :-P

Oh well, I guess people can make their own forwarders using the method described above, seems to work fine.

*snip*

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If they use a retail game banner as base and only replace the graphics or sound, then yes it should be removed.
I can't test them all to check which one use the animation of an existing retail game, but users report them when found.

They contains Intellectual Property, like 90% of user's avatar and signatures. I'm not removing them because they feature a picture of a game's character, but because it contains the actual game's banner file as base.

Ovitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install these? I've tried every WAD Manager I have and they all freeze or code dump. What am I doing wrong? My searches yield very little in the area of the Wii U. Thanks a lot!!

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, starting MMM on IOS 35 kinda sucks because each time you have to change the loader to 249 before installing WADs. If there's any way to fix this that would be cool.

Repbuilt and repacked; it now uses cIOS236 by default at start. Link replaced in my 1st post.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also love to see a Mednafen forwarder, I've tried to make one myself with a few different source wads but all hang on a black screen after selecting start.

http://wii-mednafen.googlecode.com/files/WiiMednafen - DMFA v11b (0.1 update).zip

I'm pretty sure that one is just a forwarder

It doesn't seems to be a forwarder (nand loader is unknown to me and there is no reference to a .dol or .elf path in the .dol), I think it's a full channel. Ask to the original author it this is really a forwarder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo