Hacking Forwarders are back!

jay.d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First would like to say how impressed i am with the vwii progress & would like to thank FIX94 for providing such a useful tool your awesome.
I know this thread is for forwarders but i prefer full channels, makes things easier & no need for sd card just a hd with a fat32 partition & ntfs partition. plus i have certain channels animations i prefer plus i always am able to update the apps to latest rev with customizemii. just would like to say that FIX94's file works for full channels aswell as forwarders. again thanks man.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First would like to say how impressed i am with the vwii progress & would like to thank FIX94 for providing such a useful tool your awesome.
I know this thread is for forwarders but i prefer full channels, makes things easier & no need for sd card just a hd with a fat32 partition & ntfs partition. plus i have certain channels animations i prefer plus i always am able to update the apps to latest rev with customizemii. just would like to say that FIX94's file works for full channels aswell as forwarders. again thanks man.

Thanks for reporting ! Yes, full channels are better but if you need to update your homebrew you need to recompile/download/install a new wad which contains the updated homebrew .dol, while, with forwarders, you only need to replace the boot.dol in sdcard/usb \apps folder; so they are not suitable (in my opinion) for oftenly-updated homebrew like loaders.

jay.d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reporting ! Yes, full channels are better but if you need to update your homebrew you need to recompile/download/install a new wad which contains the updated homebrew .dol, while, with forwarders, you only need to replace the boot.dol in sdcard/usb \apps folder; so they are not suitable (in my opinion) for oftenly-updated homebrew like loaders.

well getting the latest compiled version isnt to hard to find these days & it only takes a minute to to put the new .dol in my favorite full channel wads with customizemii.
im just glad i am able to use the latest usb loader gx rev put into the original full usb loader gx v3.0 channel. works on the vwii. i was also surprised to see my wiiflow v3 full channel even works i figured only the wiiflow v4+ would work.
and agains thanks oh so much FIX94 for making such an easyway to convert wii channels to vwii channels. now if we can only decrypt the system menu so we can get some themeing going on thatd be awesome.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well getting the latest compiled version isnt to hard to find these days & it only takes a minute to to put the new .dol in my favorite full channel wads with customizemii.
im just glad i am able to use the latest usb loader gx rev put into the original full usb loader gx v3.0 channel. works on the vwii. i was also surprised to see my wiiflow v3 full channel even works i figured only the wiiflow v4+ would work.
and agains thanks oh so much FIX94 for making such an easyway to convert wii channels to vwii channels. now if we can only decrypt the system menu so we can get some themeing going on thatd be awesome.

What's easy for us could be not so easy for others ;)

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021.png

RetroArch forwarder (tested: works both for Wii and vWii) !

Works with the following path: SD :\apps\retroarch-wii\boot.dol
(maybe other paths supported)
=======================================================================

00000001000000022n.png

SDLMame forwarder for Wii and vWii !

SDLMame is not tested in a real Wii/vWii, only in Dolphin (and it works) ! Can someone confirm this one is working and post supported path(s) ? As soon as one of you can test I will add to the 1st page.

Those are the same mastershoes'ones ! Thank you man !

jay.d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021.png

RetroArch forwarder (tested: works both for Wii and vWii) !

Works with the following path: SD :\apps\retroarch-wii\boot.dol
(maybe other paths supported)
=======================================================================

00000001000000022n.png

SDLMame forwarder for Wii and vWii !

SDLMame is not tested in a real Wii/vWii, only in Dolphin (and it works) ! Can someone confirm this one is working and post supported path(s) ? As soon as one of you can test I will add to the 1st page.

Those are the same mastershoes'ones ! Thank you man !

Cool looking forwarders man you wouldnt happen to know how to make a forwarder a full channel?
I prefer to make everything into full channels instead of a forwaders.

GolekGowalski

Just a random penguin passing by
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's archeologist time!

One Savegame Manager GX forwarder coming up! (The channel from SMGX code google website displayed an epic black screen after clicking "Start" on my vWii, so yeah.)
I did it EXACTLY as said in the OP, so nothing should be bad (it works on my console). I think I don't need to mention, that if something goes wrong (banner brick, oh noes), you're the stupid, not me, and you install it at your own risk?

@EDIT: Here's the "dark" version of the channel. (SMGXD stands for "Savegame Manager GX Dark" :P)

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a forwarder for WiiBooter? That is only program I have to run through Homebrew Channel. Please help if possible and thanks :)

In case anyone wants to make the forwarder for this app and then test it, you could find/download the latest version of WiiLauncher (unfortunately I needed to change the name from WiiBooter since someone was impatient and made the googlecode page for WiiBooter to be closed even though we had already mentioned that the developer and testers needed a couple of weeks time for cleaning and testing) in its googlecode page (along with the source now if anyone wants to test or modify it).

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00000001000000021n.png

00000001000000022.png

00000001000000023.png

New MPlayer CE Channel Forwarders for vWii (3 versions with different TitleIDs) for vWii !

I readapted them from wiihacks original files !

Works with the following paths:

sd :\apps\mplayer-ce\boot.dol
sd :\apps\mplayer_ce\boot.dol
sd :\mplayer\boot.dol
usb :\apps\mplayer-ce\boot.dol
usb :\apps\mplayer_ce\boot.dol
usb :\mplayer\boot.dol

Remember that Mplayer CE is no more supported, replace it with the far better WiiMC homebrew !

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone wants to make the forwarder for this app and then test it, you could find/download the latest version of WiiLauncher (unfortunately I needed to change the name from WiiBooter since someone was impatient and made the googlecode page for WiiBooter to be closed even though we had already mentioned that the developer and testers needed a couple of weeks time for cleaning and testing) in its googlecode page (along with the source now if anyone wants to test or modify it).

If you can provide a good resolution banner I will make it for you; please tell me also the folders you need to be looked at (boot.dol) by the forwarder.

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
salut une personne aurait un wad de sms plus gx version 081214 pour vWII car je l'est refait et c'est ecran noir merci
incase you didnt notice this is an english forum...... you might have just asked to have a hotdog flavored muffin and we'd never know lol

Ratmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Asper. I actually prefer WiiMC but it seems most release groups for TV shows have gone to mp4 format and WiiMC has sync issues with the sound with mp4.

So, I keep mPlayer around when I cannot find an avi of what I want and I am too lazy to convert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup