Hacking Forwarders are back!

Popopinsel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, little problem here: I installed the forwarder for USB Loader CFG from the first page and although it worked for the first day it now gives me an error saying file not found and to push any button to restart the Wii (which actually doesn't work and I have to unplug the device). Interestingly I can start USB Loader CFG via HBC just fine. SO it seems to have something to do with the forwarder. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the wad via YAWMM, still no luck.

Any ideas? :mellow:

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, little problem here: I installed the forwarder for USB Loader CFG from the first page and although it worked for the first day it now gives me an error saying file not found and to push any button to restart the Wii (which actually doesn't work and I have to unplug the device). Interestingly I can start USB Loader CFG via HBC just fine. SO it seems to have something to do with the forwarder. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the wad via YAWMM, still no luck.

Any ideas? :mellow:
make sure your USB loader is in the appropriate readable files
if even one letter is off, it wont load.
also, where do you place the channel? on the main vWii menu? or do you move it to the SD?

SD :\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol
SD :\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
USB :\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol
USB :\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol

Popopinsel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
make sure your USB loader is in the appropriate readable files
if even one letter is off, it wont load.
also, where do you place the channel? on the main vWii menu? or do you move it to the SD?

SD :\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol
SD :\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
USB :\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol
USB :\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol

I didn't change the folder/file structure at all since the first time but I double checked it afterwards. It's on my USB drive under "\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol".

The forwarder channel is a simple wad install and accessible via the vWii main menu.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't change the folder/file structure at all since the first time but I double checked it afterwards. It's on my USB drive under "\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol".

The forwarder channel is a simple wad install and accessible via the vWii main menu.

interesting, well that's all I can rule out since I didn't really have any issues with it. you have cIOS236?

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned this in another discussion, but I'm trying to get the Settings Editor GUI forwarder (so that I can easily set sound to "Surround" on vWii startup), but the download link no longer works. Does anyone have a working link? Thanks.

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Would be nice to know if this works with game forwarders created with WGSC. I extracted one channel end the size of 0000001.app is 290kB. The size of the 000001.app from other forwarders (SNES9x GX, cfg USBL) was 136kB.

I'm afraid to test :D

Totoro_

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it´s ok that I ask this question here and don´t start a new thread.

I have my WiiU set up to the point were it works perfect to load games of my HDD. I use the Wiiflow Channel installer to launch Wiiflow. However, I like the WiiFlow Starnight theme much, much better than the kind of choppy Channel Installer theme.

I therefore made a small (3GB) FAT32-partion on my HDD where I installed the latest WiiFlow (4.1.3) under ROOT: apps/wiiflow/boot.dol. After that I used the latest Wad Manager to install the "StarNight-FIX94v11forwarder - DWFA - vWii" found in this thread.

When I start the forwarder from the vWii-menu it starts to load WiiFlow but after about 2-3 seconds I get an error-message saying "Exception (DSI) Occurred" and then it displays a lot of codes. At the bottom of the screen the text says "Reloading in 10 secounds". Not sure that the codes are the same as the ones in this picture, but the error message is pretty much the same:

27d4cdca3f7b900786e1b9dccad653ef.jpg

After 10 secounds it tries to reload and about every other try i boots just fine into WiiFlow and my games is displayed and I can start them just fine. Every other time the screen just gets black and I have to unplug the power cord and restart the WiiU.

What can possibly be wrong!? :-(

Edit: Now tried the first WiiFlow forwarder (from this thread) "WiiFLow - DWFA - vWii.wad" and that one works perfectly fine every time... Could there be something wrong with the Starnight Forwarder?

Travis pinto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to add new threads, but I'm a n00b to the softmoding the WiiU/vWii.

As far as the channel fwd'ers are concerned, where do the .DOL files come from? Or is that part of the USB loader?

I'm a bit lost, though I've read through every post I could before our college library closed. I've successfully installed the .WADs into my vWii dash, but they, I know there is a second part. Can anyone help a me out?

EDIT: Like an idiot, I just breezed passed what I need to download. Sorry for the post guys. To everyone that provided us these wares, thank you.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i followed the Simple guide to install cIOS on vWii + backup NAND and keys and it worked absolutely fine. Im playing wii games off usbloader gx no worries at all. The only thing is that I can not install wads/channels.

I am using YAWMM and get this error

HW_AHBPROT is disabled
Do you want to load another IOS always? Yes/no

Now Ive looked around and am I right in assuming I need to install IOS236 to get wads to install? Where would I find a vwii version of the file if this is what I need?

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks Worm. I tried the IOS236 v8 installer and nothing changed. YAWMM still says the same message. I don't understand. I followed the simple steps from the other GBAtemp guide and usbloading works brilliantly. Surely something is missing in that guide to allow channels to be installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive