Fortnite lands on Nintendo Switch today

hqdefault.jpg

Previously heavily rumoured to be arriving on the Switch - Nintendo announced today, during their E3 Direct that the massively popular Fortnite officially lands on Nintendo Switch today.

Fortnite Battle Royale on Switch will be available for free on the Nintendo eShop some time today depending on your region.

Squad up and play the #1 Battle Royale game! Download now for FREE. Jump in to be the last one standing in the free 100-player Battle Royale. Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. Earn your Victory. Squad up together online with friends in the same room or around the world.
:arrow: Fortnite Nintendo Switch trailer (YouTube)

D

Deleted User

Fortnite Switch can use voicechat with a standard 3.5mm headset.
Yeah, no phone app bullshit required.

So if it's possible.... why is Nintendo forcing this bullshit app on us?

D

Deleted User

Be strong! Wait for Atmosphere's emunand! I don't mind waiting for Emunand because I play Fortnite on PS4. Can't wait until I can use this version though.
After hearing you can use voice chat without the stupid phone app, it's become that much harder..... but I'mma hold out for Atmosphere.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh wow, I wonder how they managed that. Even games that don't touch xbox or sony servers usually require + or gold. Here's hoping the same holds true for nintendo.
Sony makes an exception for games that are either free2play or require a paid subscription (Final Fantasy 14).

Reactions: netovsk

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.1.0 here..... I really want to try it out (for the "first" time).

I don't know I think I don't care about homebrew anymore... I have my wiiu/3ds for emulation. Since I'm definitely going to pay for everything on the switch, I don't think it's worth waiting....

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big problem though. If you linked your epic games account to a PS4 it is not usable on the switch. Giant kick in the nards

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That sucks if that’s true. Cross-Platform players have an advantage then.
30FPS, lower resolution, gameplay feels like it does on the one. The 30FPS and lower graphics are noticeable, but gameplay remains unchanged.

Reactions: Xabring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: