OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
174716-natalnasty.jpg

Scot Bayless has done time at Microsoft as a studio manager, a senior producer at Sega, and has also held executive roles at Midway, Capcom, EA. He's been around the block. And now he's making the news rounds for calling out Microsoft's upcoming Natal motion-sensing game technology, saying that it's going to fail.

"When I met with Microsoft in 2008 to look at Natal I asked: 'When will you integrate this into the 360?'" Bayless stold Retro Gamer magazine. "Their response was: 'We're probably going to wait and see on that.' To which I said: Then you're going to fail.'"

That's a pretty early call in my book, but he does go on to say taht he feels like the lack of integration could hurt developer interest.

"Plays like this always fragment and the disincentive to developers is powerful; when I'm spending tens of millions on a game, the last thing I want to do is lose 90 per cent of my market."

Again, this feels like a call that's way too early. I'd think with all that experience he'd know that waiting and seeing is the best bet. Who knows, maybe gamers will go nuts over Natal. Besides, calling Microsoft out for Natal's rumored $150 price point seems more solid right now.
Source.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's all very well, but if Natal was released 2 years ago it will have been even more expensive.

The $150 is still only rumoured, there have been other much cheaper prices rumoured too.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We all know the Natal is going to be very expensive there's no doubt about that, it's microsoft, no way in hell that this thing will be decently priced.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree. But you know what I really hate all those microsoft fanboy's saying that motion sensing on wii is crap and then they get hyped over natal. What hypocrites.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
I agree. But you know what I really hate all those microsoft fanboy's saying that motion sensing on wii is crap and then they get hyped over natal. What hypocrites.

......motion sensor on the wii is not that great, I won't say anything for Natal, so far it hasn't interested me much, that and the fact that if I do decide to get one it will be when the price has halved at least. It's definately going to be overpriced.

Come on Microsoft suprise me!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Wii's motion sensing is a bit pants when you think about it. As for Natal, it intrigues me. I want to know hell well it can be implemented and at what cost. I'd quick like a gimmicky DVD player which can have some actions performed remote-less.

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you guys remembered when eye toy was announced on ps2(same for ps eye) right? it was f*king awesome at first, but later was like what a piece of **** and then forever forgotten.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt any of you stopped to think that he might be implying it's too late. When he asked at what point Microsoft planned on releasing it, they did not give a set date. Having not released it already is part of the problem, it will fail because the console is so far along in it's life cycle that developers aren't going to just stop supporting old control methods for this new thing since they aren't required too. Games are probably going to wind up using partial control methods that still require a game pad. It's too late for this or the PS3 Move, they are far too behind Nintendo to get caught up and give it a year or two before Nintendo puts out a next generation console with more power and an improved motion control system and they will be screwed royally. I can't see Nintendo sitting idly by while Microsoft and Sony try to copy their ideas onto more powerful hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1