Formatting micro SD for EZ Flash Reform [HELP]

tacco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use a 64GB micro SD formatted as exFAT or NTFS with my EZ Flash Reform?
I've heard that fat32 offers greater reliability, but windows hates formatting storage larger than 32GB to fat32, and I'm not sure if forcing it with third party software is a good idea.

Also, what allocation size should I set it to? Some guides for the EZ Flash Jr. recommend 32kb, for example, but I haven't found any info on the EZ Flash Reform regarding this.

Thanks!

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Allocation size? Leave it to the program, don't change defaults.
These devices generally only support FAT16/FAT32, so any other filesystem won't be compatible.
FAT32 has a 32GB max., like you mention.

Ergo, if you wanna use an SD that's more than 32GB of storage space, then you have to force it to use FAT32 so it's compatible. It's out of spec but it works.
There are programs for that, like sdFormatLinux, or the one that's usually recommended (GUIFormatter?)

tacco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's your only option
All right, then I'll try to find some fat32 formatting software.
Thanks for the response!
Post automatically merged:

Allocation size? Leave it to the program, don't change defaults.
These devices generally only support FAT16/FAT32, so any other filesystem won't be compatible.
FAT32 has a 32GB max., like you mention.

Ergo, if you wanna use an SD that's more than 32GB of storage space, then you have to force it to use FAT32 so it's compatible. It's out of spec but it works.
There are programs for that, like sdFormatLinux, or the one that's usually recommended (GUIFormatter?)
Thanks for the reply!

I'm just asking because I've heard that with the EZ Flash Junior, a 32kb allocation increases reliability.

I couldn't find any info on why that is, but I thought it might be a similar situation with the Reform.

Is using a 32GB FAT32 microSD safer than formatting a 64GB one to FAT32?

Do you happen to have a reliable source for the GUIFormatter? I found a ton of websites offering it, but I'm not sure which one of those is safe/official...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably trying to escape psis basement