Hacking Formatting after region change is ok?

NintendoFan_719

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi, I region changed my brother's 3DS XL and he wants to access the eShop, any solutions? I was thinking of backing up the save data then formatting and making a new account.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I region changed my brother's 3DS XL and he wants to access the eShop, any solutions? I was thinking of backing up the save data then formatting and making a new account.
Only way is if 3ds never connected to eshop before the region change if it did there is nothing u can do to get eshop access on region changed fw

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing said:
After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

Note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably still not work for devices that it should work for. This is entirely to do with Nintendo’s servers, and I really do not have any control over it. Additionally, note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably work for devices that it should not (such as some New 3DSs). The cause for this is currently unknown.
Supposedly there is a (complicated) way to make a device from the "new" series connect to eShop after region change even after accessing the shop in the previous region:

https://old.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/b5tuz0/method_for_making_a_region_changed_new_3ds_access/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-