Hacking Formatted Wii U USB Flash Drive - Please Help

thatrandomnoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... to begin this off I have formatted my Wii U USB flash drive. Losing all of my data. BUT! I have recovered the 40+ GB of data after using SecureRecovery and need help sorting out the files and getting them converted back over to where the Wii U can read them again. Or at least get help and figure out what needs to be done and get pointed in the right direction. I might give Secure Data Recovery a call tomorrow and see what they say. I really appreciate any feedback and help that I get, I just really hope that there is a way to fix this and get everything back into order.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let me get this straight, you have a USB Flash Drive that you formatted, was it by accident or you were trigger happy smashing the buttons to make this happen?

What was on this USB flash drive and what did you use it for? Going by your post, you mention that you want to get it how it was for the WiiU to read them again, so I'm assuming you installed games to this Flash Drive?

Recovery apps can only do so much to recover files and you wont be able to fully recover everything, if you were using the flash drive to install WiiU WUP/USB ready files, then recovering the files will get you nowhere. Or your using the Flash Drive in vWii mode and have Wii/GC ISO's to use with backup loaders?

thatrandomnoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, you have a USB Flash Drive that you formatted, was it by accident or you were trigger happy smashing the buttons to make this happen?

What was on this USB flash drive and what did you use it for? Going by your post, you mention that you want to get it how it was for the WiiU to read them again, so I'm assuming you installed games to this Flash Drive?

Recovery apps can only do so much to recover files and you wont be able to fully recover everything, if you were using the flash drive to install WiiU WUP/USB ready files, then recovering the files will get you nowhere. Or your using the Flash Drive in vWii mode and have Wii/GC ISO's to use with backup loaders?

It was by accident as I was trying to do something with it on my computer not realizing my computer couldn't read the files, I messed with the drive, made it unreadable to the Wii U, so I ended up formatting it on the Wii U, then on my computer so it could read it and recovered the deleted files. The USB had multiple games installed along with save game data. Hence why I want to try and get the files back. The games that were installed are not a problem to get back, the only files of importance would be the save game data.

Last edited by thatrandomnoise,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The WiiU uses it's own proprietary file system which only the WiiU can read, so plugging it into your PC will result in Windows or other OS's asking to format the drive. If you messed around with it and the WiiU no longer reads the flash drive and then you formatted it again on the WiiU, take this as a lesson learnt, start over and move on.

Even if you recover files, sometimes recovery apps says it has recovered the files but in fact they are still corrupted or the files have been renamed. If you wanted to download the files from the WiiU, should have used FTPiiU Everywhere homebrew app to access files on the WiiU, but even this I don't recommend since you managed to screw up your flash card, I don't want to imagine what you will do if you have access to the WiiU files, most likely you'll brick your WiiU.

From my point of view, your out of luck I'm afraid, unless other members can give some advise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc