> > the 32gb and other 4gb, card, I know this problem does not happen with
> > the gateway card as my friend has one of those. Thanks for your help

Ryane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried it is saying the card is write protected. it is in a usb adapter so it is not write protected. i have tried using paragon hard disk manager 15 premium and you can see it shows up as a 32 gb micro sd card, but nothing will format it back.
thread 3.JPG
thread 4.JPG

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Sky 3ds Discwriter that formatted the card to its own system can also restore it to windows, use the REFORMAT button, it will restore the normal file system. After that just to be sure right click the card in windows and format again, you can now choose FAT, FAT32, NTSF and data cluster size.

No need for guides or other programs

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
The Sky 3ds Discwriter that formatted the card to its own system can also restore it to windows, use the REFORMAT button, it will restore the normal file system. After that just to be sure right click the card in windows and format again, you can now choose FAT, FAT32, NTSF and data cluster size.

No need for guides or other programs
I did this, and when I right clicked to reformat it, it failed to do so. I then tried to format it in CMD, when I selected it (disk 1) and typed 'clean' it said 'Virtual disk service error: there is no media in the device'. Sd card formatter won't even recognize it, and neither will (sky3ds') diskwriter. Hope somebody can help!

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did this, and when I right clicked to reformat it, it failed to do so. I then tried to format it in CMD, when I selected it (disk 1) and typed 'clean' it said 'Virtual disk service error: there is no media in the device'. Sd card formatter won't even recognize it, and neither will (sky3ds') diskwriter. Hope somebody can help!

Run Discwritter as administrator and try again, just right click the icon and "run as administrator", I think it need elevated permission to reformat the card.

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
Run Discwritter as administrator and try again, just right click the icon and "run as administrator", I think it need elevated permission to reformat the card.
I always run as admin by right clicking. It won't let me click 'go', won't recognise it.

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
I did, I followed this guide:
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-247...matable-working-formated-general-methods.html

but it said 'Virtual disk service error: there is no media in the device'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you try another card adapter, those microsd to SD adapter are faulty you should try with another if nothing above works.
It still works fine with every other sd card

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I tried it is saying the card is write protected. it is in a usb adapter so it is not write protected. i have tried using paragon hard disk manager 15 premium and you can see it shows up as a 32 gb micro sd card, but nothing will format it back.View attachment 15410View attachment 15411
When you use SDFormatter to reformat a card fully you should set format size adjustment to ON.
It might solve the issue, or it might not.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is old, but ive just ran into a problem with my sky3ds+

i noticed i had a fake card and would pack in now and then so decided to buy a 16gb card, i copied everything off the fake over to the new card (formatted FAT32 and tried setting as 32kb and 64kb) and when i insert new sd card it just flashes rainbow colours.

I had already updated the cart to what i think is the latest firmware 140.

if i insert the fake sd card it works and can cycle through the games
if i insert the new (not fake) sd card its leds always flash rainbow colours and nothing happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...