forgot how to put a rom onto ezflash card

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by monstergarden, May 20, 2008.

1. monstergarden
    OP

monstergarden Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    United States
    I have been using the R4 in combination with the ezflash for playing gba roms. I just realized that quite awhile ago I put a spyro game on the ezflash itself and loaded it through the normal ds load (without the R4 in).

But I have no frackin memory of how to put gba roms onto the ezflash-my son would love to play some roms on his gba and I would like to migrate some pokes from red to diamond.

2. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Can't help unless you give some more info
    What Kind of EZflash Cart

If it's the 3in1 you can't play it in a normal gba

3. monstergarden
    OP

monstergarden Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    United States
    Not sure what type but, it works in the DS by itself in the default OS. Does that mean if it's the 3-in-1 that it would not work specifically in a GBA, even though it plays like a commercial GBA game would in slot 2?

This is what it says on the cart: ezflash V for nds - gba game/ram expansion/rumble pack
    here is a photo

At least I would like to try to migrate pokemon from it if I can put Fire Red on it like I did Spyro.

Thanks for your reply.

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Don't quote me on this but
    You could try flashing a rom to the NOR section then try loading that in a regular GBA

Only info i can provide sorry

Im not exactly up to date on ez-flash V/3-in-1
    but to flash gba roms to it i believe you need rudolf's 3in1 tool or gbxloader

5. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    using GBA EXPloader you can load a rom onto the "nor" memory.
    this takes some time, but should make it readable for every GBA-card compatible device(GBA player, DS, GBA)
    however with the transferring of pokemon there is a slight problem.
    usually the GBA pokemon games get patched to use a different save type, since they use a largely unsupported type.
    because of this transferring might not work unless you use a specially patched D/P rom.

6. monstergarden
    OP

monstergarden Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    United States
    I tested the Spyro loaded game in a GBA and it didn't get past the "GAMEBOY ADVANCE" screen, even though it played fine in slot 2 of the DS Lite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice