ROM Hack Question Forcing a title that requires an update to be played

XxxDark_MasterxxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get my copy of Yo-kai watch 4 to be played on 1.0.0 but the game requires me to update in order to play. I previously had the game updated to 2.1.4 along with the DLC, I just tried reinstalling back to 1.0.0 but the message is blocking me from playing the game. Currently on SX OS 2.9.5 and using Tinfoil to reset the game to its original version.

XxxDark_MasterxxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use DevMenu. Idk if it still works with 10.0.0+, Goldleaf 0.8 doesn't support this option in this FW.

is there a version I should be looking for? mine is 6.x but it doesn't boot up and only shows a black screen im on 10.0.0 firmware, I've heard the term "update nag" for this kind of problem. there seems to be other options dating back to 2018 or so and have not yet found anything useful so far. most of the devmenu methods i've looked through seem to be outdated...

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
This issue interest me too, I'd like to get rid of forced updates on games I've already played back in the day I used the dev menu but it seems to no longer work on recent firmwares

XxxDark_MasterxxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue interest me too, I'd like to get rid of forced updates on games I've already played back in the day I used the dev menu but it seems to no longer work on recent firmwares

is it possible to reset back to older firmwares currently? I don't know if the game I'm troubleshooting can handle older firmwares.

Last edited by XxxDark_MasterxxX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0