Forcing 480p or 576p on PAL Wii Virtual Console games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JarrahWhite, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JarrahWhite
    OP

JarrahWhite Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Australia
    I have a Lenkeng LKV6000 mini HDMI adapter for my PAL Wii, which upscales the picture to 720p or 1080p. The most use I get out of the Wii is Virtual Console titles. However, the adapter doesn't seem to accept 288p resolutions of the Virtual Console games. I've been using the Component AV Interlace mode to get around this, but it has been rather hit and miss. Games like Castlevania and Zelda 2 don't support this mode, my current solution for those is to swap out the HDMI with a SCART or AV cables.

But for the games that do support the interlace mode, some of them have interlacing artifacts. In 1080° Snowboarding has some very slight combing, but F-Zero on SNES is just a mess of combing artifacts. In fact, I've turned the Interlace Mode off, but F-Zero only seems to output at 576i. It looks horrendous.

Is there anyway to force these games into 480p or 576p or at least linedouble the output to get around this issue?

Last edited by JarrahWhite, Oct 30, 2017
  2. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    First off, how much are you willing to spend to fix this? I'll gauge a few solutions from there.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

3. JarrahWhite
    OP

JarrahWhite Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Australia
    Well, I'm currently saving up for an UltraHDMI for my N64. Those seem to fetch nearly $200AU. The Framemeister's price was never a deal breaker for me - my deal breaker with the Framemeister was its dropouts during resolution changes, a characteristic of most of my favourite PS1 games.

Last edited by JarrahWhite, Oct 30, 2017
  4. vpd

vpd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2009
  5. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    Either that or have someone mod your Wii with this.

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The first thing in the readme says it's not recommended you do it. :P

7. JarrahWhite
    OP

JarrahWhite Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Australia
    I found a solution.