Hardware For those waiting for 3DS lite

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
ManFranceGermany said:
do you really belive they would say that they have plans to produce a LITE version?
They want to sell now, not in 2 years.
IIRC, Nintendo started working on the Wii's successor right after the Wii came out.
Nintendo likes to think ahead. They're probably working on the next revision of the 3DS as we speak.

Every company does that. But they usually wait until launch of a console so things settle down before they start planning. I wouldn't be surprised if ideas were just coming up, but no real planning though.

Honestly though, I can't play the 3DS. Not when it's that small. I have no idea why people are waiting for a 3DS Lite when the 3DS is already just barely bigger than a DS lite. I'm waiting for the bigger version like the XL. It's the only way I can play without my hands getting cramped and hurting.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
SoulSnatcher said:
ManFranceGermany said:
do you really belive they would say that they have plans to produce a LITE version?
IIRC, Nintendo started working on the Wii's successor right after the Wii came out.
Nintendo likes to think ahead. They're probably working on the next revision of the 3DS as we speak.

Every company does that. But they usually wait until launch of a console so things settle down before they start planning. I wouldn't be surprised if ideas were just coming up, but no real planning though.

Honestly though, I can't play the 3DS. Not when it's that small. I have no idea why people are waiting for a 3DS Lite when the 3DS is already just barely bigger than a DS lite. I'm waiting for the bigger version like the XL. It's the only way I can play without my hands getting cramped and hurting.
You want it to be the size of PSP2?
laugh.gif

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
anyway ofcourse they are going to be making revision, pretty much everyone does it, DS, PSP, XBOX, PS3, IPHONE.
But revisions don't really add much things.
But jumping from the 1st revision to the 3rd-4th revision is a noticeable change, but sometimes they can be worse.
DSi - Got rid of GBA
PS3 3rd Gen - Got rid of PS2
PSP Go - Got Rid of UMD

So waiting can either make things better or worse.
Depending on your point of view.
Like a revision of the 3DS may knock out DS Game compatibility.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
ShadowSoldier said:
SoulSnatcher said:
ManFranceGermany said:

You want it to be the size of PSP2?
laugh.gif

Nah, XL. Comfortably in my hands and fits comfortably in my pockets.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
The XL feels pretty nice. My friend has one and we both love it.
wink.gif
Nintendo will probably make a revision eventually, it will just take time; even if they don't feel the need for one to come out in a year. But probably more than a lite version I think I'd like a price drop.
tongue.gif

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IM waiting for the 3DSi XL (i dont care if it doesnt play DS games anymore ill keep a DS for that).
By that time itl probably be hacked as well and have a few flashcart to pick from
tongue.gif

But seriously im disappointed at the smaller bottom screen, its should be at least DSi size.

What i seriously hope for is reliable L and R button that u dont need to blow in every now and then after having 1 or 2 year normal and careful usage...

Xl is great too and nicer size for ur hands unless ur a tiny girl or a child
tongue.gif

And if u cant fit it in ur pocket get some cargo lol

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you honestly, honestly believe nintendo won't release several "better" generations of the 3ds, then you're deluding yourself. While they may not be smaller, there is still plenty of room for premium 3ds systems (more NAND space, larger battery, larger screens ala DSi XL).

I'd say it'll be 1-2 years top before the next revision is announced... Remember, unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo sells their hardware at a profit, so the more revisions available, the more likely to swindle... err... liberate money from the people that have to have the latest and greatest... no matter how small of an improvement.

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
DeMoN said:
This is good news. I prefer it when companies get their products right the first time around.
Totally agree. I hate it when companies go all Apple on us and launches a new product which is basically the same with a bit more memory/clock speed/speakers and so on.
Good news, although I do sense an Admiral Ackbar here somewhere..

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TheNikkoMan said:
DeMoN said:
This is good news. I prefer it when companies get their products right the first time around.
Totally agree. I hate it when companies go all Apple on us and launches a new product which is basically the same with a bit more memory/clock speed/speakers and so on.
Good news, although I do sense an Admiral Ackbar here somewhere..
You're right, we can't repel fire power of that magnitude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?