Hacking For those region changing Japanese to North America…

Lunchbox777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.
Recently I’ve hacked a bunch of Japanese consoles AND region changed them all to North America. As I have built up my collection I have noticed that the OG 3Ds is very glitchy and freezes a lot. I followed the guide on hacking and region changing to a T but all 3 of them that I have have the same problems:

1. They basically only play games, and some games like captain toad do not work despite following the instructions on luma locale switcher to convert them to boot correctly- it just goes to a black screen after the splash screen and then require forced shut down.

2. Applications are all basically broken- if I press L+R to use the camera and press home to go back it freezes at white home splash screen and require a forced shut down, the same happens if I open my notifications, or any other app like I said it basically only plays games?

Is there any why to fix this? My hacked, and region changed New 3ds, New 3ds LL/XL have neither of these issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to start repairing and flipping Japanese junk 3Ds but I can’t sell them with confidence if they have these glaring issues.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
Recently I’ve hacked a bunch of Japanese consoles AND region changed them all to North America. As I have built up my collection I have noticed that the OG 3Ds is very glitchy and freezes a lot. I followed the guide on hacking and region changing to a T but all 3 of them that I have have the same problems:

1. They basically only play games, and some games like captain toad do not work despite following the instructions on luma locale switcher to convert them to boot correctly- it just goes to a black screen after the splash screen and then require forced shut down.

2. Applications are all basically broken- if I press L+R to use the camera and press home to go back it freezes at white home splash screen and require a forced shut down, the same happens if I open my notifications, or any other app like I said it basically only plays games?

Is there any why to fix this? My hacked, and region changed New 3ds, New 3ds LL/XL have neither of these issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to start repairing and flipping Japanese junk 3Ds but I can’t sell them with confidence if they have these glaring issues.
You will have to re-install Luma3DS by following this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==