Gaming For SFIV: Xbox 360 Controller, or Fight Pad?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing SFIV on and off at a friends house since launch and I've gotten pretty used to the 360 D-PAD. Some of those moves that require PPP input (mainly Ultras) tend to cramp the shit out of your hand at times, not to mention the D-PAD does a number on your thumbs after a while. That's my biggest complaint.

Also, anyone have tips concerning player screen position? I can pull off all moves just fine when I'm standing screen left, but once I'm thrown onto screen right, I tend to flub most moves for some reason (including Ultras, not good). I dunno if this is because I'm used to being 1P and being auto-right most of the time or what...
frown.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Also, anyone have tips concerning player screen position? I can pull off all moves just fine when I'm standing screen left, but once I'm thrown onto screen right, I tend to flub most moves for some reason (including Ultras, not good). I dunno if this is because I'm used to being 1P and being auto-right most of the time or what...
frown.gif
Besides the "Just practice in training mode", what I did was to just do the motions a tad slower until I got the hang of it. Pretty much nothing but it, you just get used to it. So Martin you have it on the 360? Wanna fight? ^^

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, Just get a decent ps2 to ps3 converter and job done! Mine is made by a company called pega.
wink.gif
Well worth using as its probably one of the most comfortable pads Ive ever used
smile.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As for which is better, it's all about personal comfort. The D-Pad on the 360 Controller is a joke, but analog stick works just fine and moves are still pretty easy to pull off. Though, if you prefer a D-Pad or a 6 Button step up, then go for the fight pad. Both work pretty good.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sadly ive not seen these "new" for a few years, Ive got a full set of 4 but have only opened this one to use as I have a spare
wink.gif
Might have to get the full set of the new controllers too
biggrin.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find 'em all over Ebay. That's where I bought mine when Anniversary Edition (for the PS2) came out. They might be a bit more expensive now that SFIV has been released...
unsure.gif

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the Xbox360 D-pad so crappy? There's two analogue ones.. make the digital one 8 directional and accurate to a T. Can't be that hard can it?? The SNES one was better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...