bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've gone through the forums looking for something like what I have set up... and I don't believe I've found it. So at the risk of sounding nooby here it goes.

My Wii is on 4.0U now. Here's a mini-history of what I've done to it.
3.2-3.4 Official update. 3.4-3.2 ARC (I think) then waninkoko's 4.0 safe updater to get to where I am now.
I'm looking at using the "Simplistic Guide" but I'm not sure if it'll screw up.
I also have cIOSCORP3.5... probably shouldn't. cIOS249rev14, and cIOS222v4. And a custom theme.
I'm assuming I'll have to uninstall cIOSCORP, but do I have to do anything else before I attempt to use this guide?

Also... I'm still not clear on NAND backups. If I back it up now, will everything be the way it is now if I put it back on, it seems too good to be true?

Thanks, and sorry for the noobiness!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Follow that guide, it's one of the best on the site.
2. Yes, if you restore a NAND backup, your wii will be EXACTLY like it is now.
3. As for cIOSCORP, it's covered in that guide.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Make a nand backup asap
2) Uninstall CORP using the official uninstaller - optional - safe update will overwrite replaced files anyway!
3) Use safe update to 4.2 method from ZXZeros guide
4) Use hack 4.2 method from his guide
5) Make another cleanish nand backup of 4.2 hacked
6) reinstall CORP 3.5
7) Job Done

If you ever want to go back to clean 4.2 use second backup if you want to go back to how you had original use first backup

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Following the update to 4.2 section of xzxero's guide should account for anything you have done pretty much. By following that you will install up to date official IOS's of every IOS which will install over whatever cIOSCORP did to your IOS's and I believe the fresh system menu wad would replace any theme stuff you may have installed as well.

Most bricks result from people stupidly trying to uninstall things they've done so they can "start over" or some crap when everything is supposed to just be installed over eachother anyways.

But if you can install bootmii to boot2, just do that first, make a NAND backup, delete a channel or something insignificant and then do a NAND restore to make sure it works properly and then go try w/e you want and make periodic NAND backups before or after you make any significant changes.

Also keep in mind restoring a NAND backup will also revert your save data back to that state as well so it would be wise to make one before doing anything potentially dangerous if you have a lot of save progress you wouldn't want to lose.

bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, thanks for the replies. And again, sorry to sound so noobish, just didn't wanna mess up a $300 piece of equiptment (i bought it at launch and it's still worth that to me) haha, well anyway thanks!

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 4.2 throught the newest DOP-IOS Mod. It was pretty simple, really. I didn't do anything special, didn't uninstall anything (I also have cIOSCorp 3.5) before hand, and didn't need to reinstall anything after.

It may not be the best way to go, but it worked fine for me!

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnwchbammer said:
Alright, so I've gone through the forums looking for something like what I have set up... and I don't believe I've found it. So at the risk of sounding nooby here it goes.

My Wii is on 4.0U now. Here's a mini-history of what I've done to it.
3.2-3.4 Official update. 3.4-3.2 ARC (I think) then waninkoko's 4.0 safe updater to get to where I am now.
I'm looking at using the "Simplistic Guide" but I'm not sure if it'll screw up.
I also have cIOSCORP3.5... probably shouldn't. cIOS249rev14, and cIOS222v4. And a custom theme.
I'm assuming I'll have to uninstall cIOSCORP, but do I have to do anything else before I attempt to use this guide?

Also... I'm still not clear on NAND backups. If I back it up now, will everything be the way it is now if I put it back on, it seems too good to be true?

Thanks, and sorry for the noobiness!

Just do xzxero's guide from the beginning (update to 4.2), and you'll be all set.

As for the NAND backup, yes, Bootmii creates a perfect backup of your NAND, which you can restore at will. However, if you don't have Bootmii installed to Boot2 (but rather IOS install), this can be dangerous; if the install goes awry you could end up with a bricked Wii. If Bootmii is installed to Boot2 however, you can still recover, as it will still load regardless of botched IOS/System Menu. Since you've got an older unit you shouldn't have to worry, as you should be able to install Bootmii to Boot2 just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1