Hacking Folder problem

1c3d3m0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My game folder(in R4) is unable to load for some unknown reason after I tried to load Ultimate Mortal Kombat. When I first load that game, it got stuck at "Create save/bookmark" So I turn my DS off. When I turn it on again and tried to access my Game folder, my whole DS gets hanged. It is the same when I tried to access it through moonshell and DSO. The other folder works fine, so does the other programs. I tried to put the card into my computer, however, my Computer can detect the card but cannot access it. Is there anything that can be done? Please help...

EDIT: I've tried using Recuva, when I tried to scan my microSD's drive which is J:, it says the parameter is incorrect.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Okay well i think your card is screwed and needs a format, but if you want all the data off i don't think it's possible because you cant even read the card.

But nonetheless you could try this program to recover your data. Click here

Just unzip and run the appropriate one.

If that doesn't work (no guarantees it will) i think all you can do is format it and backup your saves. But do not do this yet as other people may have other methods of doing it.

EDIT: Or if you had a slot 2 device i think you can somehow back up your saves. Or you DSO's file browser and copy the saves to a different folder (not sure if you can do this.)

Just give them a go and before you run Mortal Combat again download it from a different source.

1c3d3m0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
^ The program you link me to, is not able to detect my microSD, it only detects my hard drives. And I cannot open up my Game folder, so I have no access to my saves.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Okay have you tired moving your saves with DSOraginze's file browser or you cant even access your games folder via that. If you cant access it i think all you can do is format and just google for saves that you lost and regularly back up your new saves.

1c3d3m0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I can't even touch my Game folder... I tried making a copy of it and tried deleting it, all fail, because all activities on the folder will cause my DS to freeze. Now I have a bigger problem, my computer cannot gain access to the card, I cannot even format it... Losing my data is bad enough and now the whole card is messed up. Besides, reformatting also means that I will lose my access over my Transformer Wifi, I'm gona lose 10k worth of wifi token...

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
You can format it with other programs use Google to find them. You have no choice to be honest but just to format it. Next time backup your shit regularly
lecture.gif

1c3d3m0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
^ Is it possible to retrieve the data lost through reformatting if I reformat the microSD but don't write anything to it? Sorry for being a noob but I cannot find any suitable program to reformat the card. Besides, how does the program help since the computer cannot detect the microSD?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Nope i don't think the data is retrievable once formatted. But if your computer cant even pick the card up your in a lot of trouble. You could try formatting it in a camera or a phone, thats what i did and it usually works. But if there is no way you can format it, you can still take it back to where you bought it and get it replaced. These things are unavoidable corrupt micro SD cards happen all the time especially if you just pull it out of your computer without safely removing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30