Hacking Flora Sky save error on EZ4

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Flora Sky on my EZflash 4. I've patched it with SRAM and fixed the header, but I get the "save has been erased due to corruption or damage" error on start up and I get an error when I try to save.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it works here
do not manually patch the save...

there is a website for that hack (which i suppose its the official website) that provides the rom already patched.. you will have to use ez iv client to copy it to the sd card. (make sure to choose a name, since the client will not detect the correct name and give it a empty name which can cause problems)

but in case you got to patch yourself. then do this.
get a good emerald rom. (that is not modified with intros or whatever.. just a clean rom..)
patch it with the ips or ups file and use the right software for it, in case you use gbadata do not fix anything or trim it, whatever dont do it.
use ez iv client to patch the save...

i just spent 10 minutes getting the rom, and copy it to ez iv, play til i could save, and its working...
it will display the battery ran dry thing, (that is for the clock) ignore it.

if your ez iv battery is dead (if its dead, you will notice it will not save in every game) it must work...

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I transfer the rom directly from the site, I need to patch the header or else it freezes on the Game Boy Advance splash screen. I'm also fairly certain the battery isn't dead because I can play regular Emerald perfectly fine.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If I transfer the rom directly from the site, I need to patch the header or else it freezes on the Game Boy Advance splash screen. I'm also fairly certain the battery isn't dead because I can play regular Emerald perfectly fine.
did you previously format the sd card with sda formatter? (format type, full overwrite and size adjustment on)
and are you using the last firmware? 1.76?

flora sky never gave me such a freeze on splash screen i played flora sky before, but got bored, at that time i actually patched the rom with a ups or ips file...

--edit--

just tested the other version (there is the complement dex and main) both work on the same way... download, use ez client to patch the save and copy directly to the micro sd card and done
no header fixes need neither anything, save works..

btw i use the standard 1.76 firmware... (with the nemo and mario skin)

Last edited by migles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt