FlatMii & Clean 4.0 FW

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Pauwelz, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Pauwelz
    OP

Pauwelz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Belgium
    Hi all [​IMG]

I bought my Wii yesterday and was so damn stupid to update to 4.0E firmware immediately.
    Now I would like to know if the FlatMii chip will work with a clean 4.0E, and if not, what chip I should use the best.
    I've been reading the forums, and I THINK it should be possible (since I read that FW doesn't affect hardware mods), but I would like to have this confirmed. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

2. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I am not sure but modchips are possible on any firmware revision. Firmware does not interfer with any chips as far as I know, including Flatmii. I am not sure however, if your motherboard is supported as I know they changed it a while back and I am not sure in any breakthroughs have been made in it.

3. Pauwelz
    OP

Pauwelz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Belgium
    Ok, I'll post my findings here then, I hope it works (another reason why I bought a solderless chip XD).

4. Pauwelz
    OP

Pauwelz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Belgium
    Damn, chip keeps freezing on me =(
    EDIT: seems to work now [​IMG]

5. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Good to know it works.

6. pspmte

pspmte GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Yes flatmii works perfect on 4.0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice