Hacking FlashMe v8a is out!

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/

I haven't bothered installing it yet (I've got FlashMe v7 and that "DSHooterDONT.nds" patch to reverse the boot order so my R4 boots first), but I was just wondering what the general consensus from you guys here is. Is it pretty much just a cleaned-up version of FlashMe so that it's now distributed "officially" in a version that reverses the boot order?

If you've loaded it on your DS, weigh in!

HMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it is time to adopt the FlashMe...
wink.gif

My passme card is annoying me (sometimes it doesn't work) and I particularly like the sound of "stealth noautoboot".
nyanya.gif

Oh, I have a G6Lite... Apparently DSLink owners should stay away from this version...

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it says "Warning! DS Link is reported to have problems with this version." right on the download page -- there's no need to watch an 8-and-a-half minute YouTube video to verify that.

HMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I know you don't have to watch a 8-minute video to know that. Actually, I even say that in my reply so you can ignore my link AND you don't need to go to the download page!...

Geez, relax man...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey if you watch that video, he has some kind of professional tool for flashing
ohmy.gif

Where do you buy one
frown.gif
I need 100% security of mind.

HMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I knew someone would find the video useful/interesting...
nyanya.gif

Yes, that tool is pretty amazing. But I'm guessing he didn't buy it, maybe the tool itself is "homebrew"...

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated mine yesterday I had flasme v7 before, tomorrow arrivesmi sc ds one so I flashed it with no autoboot version, it only boots slot2 when i press select, anyway if i don't press select it boots the passcard 3, so it's the same.

It works as good as earlyer versions but now you don't need a mirror you know when it's flashing and when it has finished thanks to the sound.

I never used a especial tool for flashing I use the same screwdriver I use for opening the cover

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if this works with the DS Lite or if this is DS only? I think I have FlashMe v7 on my DS Lite, but can't remember correctly. I know that all 4 brightness modes work.

Anybody use FlashMe v8a on their DS Lite?

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet, I'm going to install the no auto-boot after dinner. Since I already have a version of FlashMe installed there's no worry about screwing up
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good