FlashMe Question! Im thinking about flashing my DS.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by volcomstone00009, Feb 27, 2009.

1. volcomstone00009
    OP

Newcomer volcomstone00009 Advanced Member

United States
    I have been researching flashing my ds for removing the health and safety screen and for protection... and i know that u need to have the power plugged in. How long does it take (non stop) from 0%-100%?

2. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's like 15 seconds if you can hold the short long enough, but you won't, and you'll have to keep retrying, but it resumes, so it doesn't matter.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Eh, with mine I only lost contact once, and the total process took maybe 10-15 seconds.

4. volcomstone00009
    OP

Newcomer volcomstone00009 Advanced Member

United States
    ok sounds good...so basically there is a 10-15 second "risk zone" of the charger unplugging? i have already tried to simulate flashing by just hold my ds with a theoretical toothpick and having my ds upside down...and i can do that for like 6 hours without unplugging my ds [​IMG] lol

5. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    I flashed my first gen DS with flashme back when it was first released.
    Just gotta hold it steady for a small moment and make sure the SL1 connector is shorter so the numbers keep going.
    Just gotta be patient and steady.

I have a new DS lite and have been trying to flash that but I can't seem to get it working.
    The intro health warning thing bugs me so much :/

6. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Its easy. I did 2 DS Lites. And then unflashed mine when i didnt have much use for it. So I've done the process 3 times.

7. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    The charger becoming unplugged isn't going to kill you unless you either have no battery or a completely nonworking battery. It's just for the sake of safety. Of course, if the battery and the charger fell out the same time, the DS would turn off, but the odds of both of these things happening at the same time and right at the time when it will brick your DS are pretty long.