Not open for further replies.

Carbonator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious to see what would happen, though I'm not expecting much. I have a DSi but my flashcart hasn't arrived yet. I searched and found some mentions but no results.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it's possible, why would you?

I can hook a donkey up to pull my 95 pontiac....but that doesn't make it a good idea.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The whole point of flashme is primarily to run a SLOT DS 2 card on a DS or DS LITE without having the need to have a PASSME/PASS THROUGH/SUPERKEY/SLOT 1 card device in the SLOT 1 ..to enable it to boot the roms from the SLOT 2 card!

Since the DSi does not even have a SLOT 2 anyway the whole idea is POINTLESS!

As above a way to exploit the SD card to boot homebrew/roms would seem a better idea but .. only time will tell if this is even possible!

Carbonator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashMe should also disable the signature check in DS Download Play. I've heard that the firmware is inaccessible from DS mode, though, so it probably won't work.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seeing as how the DSi uses a completely different firmware, there's absoulutely no way this could work IMO. We'd need a completely new flashme, and also some way to run it in DSi mode. It cant modify the firmware of a DSi, because it cant access it, and also, seeing as how its designed to modify a DS, not a DSi, it would probably result in a brick if we could run it.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
SifJar said:
seeing as how the DSi uses a completely different firmware, there's absoulutely no way this could work IMO. We'd need a completely new flashme, and also some way to run it in DSi mode. It cant modify the firmware of a DSi, because it cant access it, and also, seeing as how its designed to modify a DS, not a DSi, it would probably result in a brick if we could run it.

Dont go tell him that. I want to here what happens when he tries it. I guess he'll be the first to brick the DSi but I want to know if someone is that stupid to try it.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
In all likely hood Nintendo wised up so it isn't write able in DS mode. Seeing that you can update the firmware without the doing anything to a probably none existent SP1 contact by doing it legally through Nintendo's official firmware update method. So best bet is to be in DSi mode and then your free to re-write the firmware and this time there would be no SP1 contact to worry about! But of coarse in order to made a custom firmware for the DSi you must first get your hands on the original copy! Last I heard it's encrypted and you need some form of decryption key or something to even have a chance at it...

Also did anyone try and run a homebrew that puts the DS into GBA mode on the DSi to see what happens? I think DSision was one app that does that. I wonder if the DSi still has the GBA firmware in it for GBA mode. It still has the hardware...

Thezapper602

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to run flashme on my dsi.
It wouldnt even let me flash it
It said "Unknown BIOS" as
if i was trying to flash an emulator.

So it doesnt work
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
The DSi's architecture is more similar to the Wii's than the original DS's.

I'm not so sure...

Wii is to Gamecube as DSi is to DS. They have some similarities firmware wise i believe, however hardware wise I would believe it to be far closer to the DS.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I believe a SL-1 contact STILL exists on th DSi. Remember, guys, it's based off a DS, not a Wii.
Take a look at the circled red part:
eYmPpfdXW.png

The SAME sticker that the original DS's have is on the DSi. Of course, only someone who owns a DSi can confirm if the SL-1 still exists.

We need a willing volunteer who'll check exactly WHAT is under there if we wanna get started cracking the firmware.

SIMEDIT: Pardon the bump.

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Thezapper602 said:
I tried to run flashme on my dsi.
It wouldnt even let me flash it
It said "Unknown BIOS" as
if i was trying to flash an emulator.

So it doesnt work
frown.gif

Oh man, you are lucky. You shouldn't be going
frown.gif
because the fact it didn't work is what saved you from bricking your DSi. Seriously...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Well, We could enable Unsigned DSiWare running from SD card, Maybe hack the DS Sound Channel so it supports more formats, delete the flashcart whitelist and a whole lot more.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fgghjjkll said:
Well, We could enable Unsigned DSiWare running from SD card, Maybe hack the DS Sound Channel so it supports more formats, delete the flashcart whitelist and a whole lot more.
Impossible, because flashing a DSi would still only give access to the DS-specific functions, nothing DSi-related.

Duckthom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i was able to run noflashme on my dsi but it said that i needed to do the SL1 thingy.
and it said: Current BIOS: ? New BIOS: V7
so it is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1