Hacking Flashkart for 3DS firmware 6.0.0-11U?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Yes, I agree with you.
This update seems to have had two reasons:

Block DS Flashcards, many permanently.
Block Gateway.

I don't remember of ever having to open the catridge to upgrade a flashcard.
Few flashcards are working on firmware 6.0.0-X, and, I believe, even fewer will still have an update.

I think that's the most intensive anti-piracy firmware update Nintendo released so far.

lol its more intensive because i think the AP team finally has the hang of how the 3DS works now

it can only get worse and worse

but because the DSTwo can fully emulate a Official Cart i dont think they will ever block it
other cards will fall down to the quality of design and the supporting team

by the sounds of it though the R4ids.cn didnt want to provide a update using a new method
because Nintendo may find a way to detect it through that way and then block that one

though the team has been given a few ideas on how to get around this ;D
but time will tell

Cat Vs Mouse as always

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol its more intensive because i think the AP team finally has the hang of how the 3DS works now

it can only get worse and worse

but because the DSTwo can fully emulate a Official Cart i dont think they will ever block it
other cards will fall down to the quality of design and the supporting team

by the sounds of it though the R4ids.cn didnt want to provide a update using a new method
because Nintendo may find a way to detect it through that way and then block that one

though the team has been given a few ideas on how to get around this ;D
but time will tell

Cat Vs Mouse as always

The last two updates weren't all that bad.
It's from time to time that Nintendo tries new, more intensive, anti-piracy measures.

I agree with you, if there is one flashcard that will survive these updates, it's DSTwo,
although I think R4i Gold has been doing good recently, but I don't think it will last forever,
one day or another, my rev C will be blocked, and there will be probably a rev D and maybe some other newers.

The good thing about R4i Gold is that it doesn't murder the battery on sleep mode, while DSTwo, you know.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. Its just that the dstwo is 40 and I found the r4i for 10... And I have a DS lite also (if that matters) with an acekard 2 but that doesn't work on my 3DS

In addition to the DSTwo just working after a firmware update (which typically takes less than a day to come out, though it can sometimes take two or three) the DSTwo has very stable save state support for DS games, an in game text reader, and pretty good GBA and SNES support.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, thank goodness. I have a DSTwo, but I still want a card that doesn't murder the battery life while in sleep mode. Powering a regular DS or 3DS cart lets sleep mode last for over two days, whereas sleep with a DSTwo inserted only lasts about 5 hours at best, since there's no option to permanently power off the processing chip on it. The poor card gets so hot. x_x

Good thing the DSTwo supports save states then, isn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: