flashing lite-on drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by slyfirth, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010

flashing lite-on drive by slyfirth at 1:22 PM (1,239 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. slyfirth
    OP

Member slyfirth GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    model no- dg-16d2s-09c
    fw ver- 93450c

best way to flash this drive [​IMG]
    had a look on this site but i am a bit of a new one at this
    anyone
    cheers

can i use xecuter lt switch [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You need to bring out the soldering iron for that one.

You can either use the lt switch or just some wire and a switch.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=698256

Method to dump the drive with jungle flasher is at the bottom of the post. It's the same if you are using the lt switch (position 1 would be normal on that and position 2 would be r/w)

Once you have the dump, it's business as normal. Load it into jungle flasher, make sure key looks good, load the hacked firmware and spoof source to target, then flash the drive. Once you're done, if you used wire and a switch, you'll have to rejoin the tracks you cut and remove the switch, if you used the lt switch, then you just switch it back normal mode and you're done.

3. slyfirth
    OP

Member slyfirth GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i have a lt switch ones i have dumped the key can i save the ofw and put it back on if i want to?????
    was hoping someone would have done a video on how to install lt switch by how

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    In all of the LiteOns I've flashed, I've always been under the impression that you could not flash the OFW back onto the drive - that once flashed, it stayed flashed.

However there seems to be some LiteOn OFW with the new LT firmware. I've not tried it nor have I heard any mention of it in most forums I skulk around, but it may let you flash LiteOns back to OFW.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    That was the case Originality purely as the original firmware was not dumped by the probe or the 8 v1 flashing methods and was otherwise not available.
    With the pin lift method though the various firmwares got dumped so you can flash back, if you have the keys you can even make an original firmware and flash that back to the drive (it will lack the laser data but the general consensus is that it is useless anyway).

As for how to install if you are using a premade switch then it is align, solder and cut the trace. No real need for a video. If using the simple method then again there is no real need for a video as a high res photo will do more than any blurry flash video.

6. LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer LittleJonny -Tea Member

Australia