• Softmod

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I agree with the people who want it to stay unhacked. But since it will be hacked some day, even if it's only in 5 years:

Both have their ups and downs. As a user I'd prefer a flashcart so I don't have to fiddle with my system, losing my warranty when something breaks and it's easier to sell a device that's been untouched. The carrying around isn't an issue at all, since it would be in the 3DS all the time anyway.
As a customer I'd prefer a softmod though. The harder and riskier it is to mod your device the less people will buy the device to pirate games only and the better the game library will stay.

In the end I'd probably prefer a flashcart though, since I really hope for some decent content in the eStore (unlike the crappy DSiWare which - at least in Europe - was disgustingly bad) so I want to be able to just update without having to flash around for every minor version.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because softmod doesn't require you to buy hardware that relies on a manufacturer's ongoing support to play all the newer games and can be installed right away instead of waiting for weeks to arrive from China and get through customs. (And it keeps the annoying kids at bay that swarm current flashcart threads.)

xdixonx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
Because softmod doesn't require you to buy hardware that relies on a manufacturer's ongoing support to play all the newer games and can be installed right away instead of waiting for weeks to arrive from China and get through customs. (And it keeps the annoying kids at bay that swarm current flashcart threads.)

And it allows for a lot more homebrew options.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmod all the way but I wont get 3DS until they have a better 3rd party just like PS3 and xbox 360 since Wii's 3rd party fall through.

SuperTrever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I don't plan to hack or pirate or anything like that with my 3DS I'd rather have a flashcart because I feel like I'd fuck up the softmob and get my 3DS bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu