Hacking Flashcards and DLCs

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using a Sky3DS on my 9.5 US 3DS XL, and I'm currently addicted to Fantasy Life, I would like to purchase the DLC but I have some questions first.

1. If ever I purchased the DLC and somehow I get the ROM on my Sky3DS' SDCard deleted, If I download the ROM again. Would the DLC still recognize it?

2. On Gateway, is it possible to install DLC without purchasing?

Thanks!

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Pretty sure it should work, as long as the DLC and game are the same region.
2. Yes.

Thanks Arras ^^, I think I'll purchase the DLC first then, I pray to Gateway that they will support 9.5 faster, better yet, all systems :D.

A follow-up question, If I would re-write my ROM on my SDCard with a new header (private header), most likely from a different game. Would it affect the save file and DLC in anyway?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Arras ^^, I think I'll purchase the DLC first then, I pray to Gateway that they will support 9.5 faster, better yet, all systems :D.

A follow-up question, If I would re-write my ROM on my SDCard with a new header (private header), most likely from a different game. Would it affect the save file and DLC in anyway?
Probably not the DLC, but it might delete your save file since saves are encrypted with the header or something.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The DLC is stored on the SD card, so it doesn't care about your gamecard being deleted and re-written.

Only your save file would care about it, and only if the header changes.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty sure fantasy life is the only exception to the deleting saves if the header is changed as the save is stored in extdata rather than on cart which is per system encrypted rather than per cart encrypted

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*should* be, just backup your SD contends before switching headers just to be safe, but im fairly sure switching headers will not delete your fantasy life save

Phew, Thanks gamesquest1, thats for fantasy life right? how about LoZ: A Link Between Worlds? would that be another story? shud I be worried about getting banned while playing LoZ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Phew, Thanks gamesquest1, thats for fantasy life right? how about LoZ: A Link Between Worlds? would that be another story? shud I be worried about getting banned while playing LoZ?
yep only fantasy life im afaraid, its the only game that i know of that stores the saves on the console rather than on the cart (except eshop games ofc)

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
idk if you wanted you could just play albw with the wifi off....not sure how safe it is, but its an option i suppose

I've been playing with my Sky3DS with the WiFi on all the time, I'm always playing fantasy life tho, but I check everyday if I'm banned or not by opening up my friends list and youtube, and so far I'm still not banned.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you own the dlc and can always redownload it when needed. its saved onto the sd card and will load whenever you run the game that it was made for. hope this helps

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you own the dlc and can always redownload it when needed. its saved onto the sd card and will load whenever you run the game that it was made for. hope this helps

Thanks illicit!, now i'm more concerned of my save files when applying my private header, if they would be able to recognize the rom with the different header.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks illicit!, now i'm more concerned of my save files when applying my private header, if they would be able to recognize the rom with the different header.

as long as the dlc isnt altered it shouldnt matter. the game will be able to detect it even with a different header.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1