Flashcard for Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by opollon, May 5, 2017.

1. opollon
    OP

opollon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    Australia
    is there something like a Flashcard for the Vita or at least an microSD Adapter use the Game slot as external storage because the memory cards are very expensive

2. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    For the Vita, no, or not yet.

For the PSTV, you can use normal USB Flash storage instead of the sony exclusive card.

3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    an anti-anime bunker
    Sadly as of now, there is not. The most you are able to do is use a USB flash drive as storage for games on a PSTV, there is nothing like that for the VITA right now. I highly recommend getting a PSTV.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There was the Black Fin but that got blocked in a firmware update. It had a MicroSD slot like you want. Too bad it was such a pain in the ass to use (requires internet to authenticate the ROM dumps by using a real cart hosted on someone's server)

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    As Jdbye mentioned, the Blackfin does exist as a flashcard, but it's been discontinued and, as far as I know, it's not "officially" compatible with 3.60 anymore.

Someone wants to try and use the card part as a microsd adapter for storage, but I don't think it's gone anywhere just yet.

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Just by the size of those carts, they are fairly small, smaller than NDS/3DS carts, to be able to fit sd micro in there, and the components to make a flash cart may seem contradictory to be honest :P