Flash0 Questions for PSP 3000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Spartan117H3, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009
  1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you were to replace your flash0 with a backup because you screwed something up, how would you do it? When you change your USB mode to Flash0, it only shows 3 folders (dic, font, and vsh) on the root while if you use PSARDumper, it shows many more files (data, dic, font, kd, PSARDUMPER, vsh, reboot.bin, reboot_02g.bin, and reboot_03g.bin). How would you replace your flash0 files to the place PSARDumper got it's flash0 files from?

Finally, to remove GEN-A, I found online that you need to remove the following files, is it safe to remove manually? This is partly why I want to know the above information.

Flash0:/kd/galaxy.prx
    Flash0:/kd/idcanager.prx
    Flash0:/kd/march33.prx
    Flash0:/kd/popcorn.prx
    Flash0:/kd/pspbtjnf_03g.bin
    Flash0:/kd/pspbtknf_03g.bin
    Flash0:/kd/pspbtlnf_03g.bin
    Flash0:/kd/systemctrl_03g.prx
    Flash0:/kd/usbdevice.prx
    Flash0:/kd/vshctrl.prx
    Flash0:/vsh/module/recovery.prx
    Flash0:/vsh/module/satelite.prx

2. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How did you get CFW on your PSP 3k? Did you do a permanent flash or did you use ChickHEN and CFE to do a temporary install?

3. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    >GEN-A

4. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I have both CFWE and GEN-A. Where have you been? There are numerous topics of people talking about their 3000 and CFW. There currently is no permanent way to get CFW up yet. Anyways, no reply on the ORIGIONAL topic?

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No-one but the original dev's can tell you that for sure....seems a bit crazy to release something without an uninstaller, or for that matter to install something without one!

6. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Hmm, so my post was useless, Then again, I had no idea about CFWE at the time, I don't think it was even out when GEN was. No other choice, I figured there should have been a way to uninstall it as it wrote to flash but it was a bit late for that. I heard CFWE can uninstall GEN but I haven't figured out how to yet.

Well, I don't get a lot of things, anyways, is there an E-Mail address I can E-Mail Team Typhoon at? One that reads english? I checked GEN's website in the readme, WWW.PSPGEN.COM, and it's in Spanish so I don't exactly know where to find it, I couldn't translate the site.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Typhoon are only responsible for the ChickHen....which is unlucky since they're the only ones with English as a first language. Becus25 and Xenogears are responsible for CFWE and are spanish; Miriam and PSPGen are the source of 5.03GEN and they are French.

Either way the best advice is to leave everything be until someone clever develops some safety features for all this flashing that's been going on with those firmwares.

8. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Fire up the CFWe loader. On the left side it will show you what firmware hack it detects (it should see "Other"), and one of the menu options will be to uninstall it. CFWe is perfectly capable of safely removing 5.03GEN-A. Once that's done, you can install CFWe.

9. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    CFWEnabler 3.60 by Xenogears and Becus25
    Installation : Other Version |
    Custom Firmware loaded : Yes |
    Model : PSP 3000 |
    |Flash And Start
    |Changelog
    |Exit

The above is what I get while running GEN, there is no uninstall button?