OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
Hi...

wen I play Flash games on the internett I use to download the flash game if I like it..

so I was having this idea to a "Flash Game Emulator" that make it passable to play flash games with my Wii remote /keyboard on the TV

so I can get a larger screen then I have on my computer/browser...

here is an idea for how the controller should work..

each game would be "mygame.swf" and then if the game hasnt been run before, it asks for key bindings and saves them to "mygame.cfg"

like this:

up = set key

down = set key

right = set key

left = set key

A = set key

B = set key

+ = set key

- = set key

home = set key

1 = set key

2 = set key

and wen you press the "up" button on the Wii mote it shows like this:

up = press key

and then you need to press a key on the keyboard that you want the "up" button to be..

and wen you are done setting all of the buttons it will save as an "mygame.cfg"

Hope someone make this
biggrin.gif

MertenNor
PS. sorry for my bad english

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Good idea, Morten!
biggrin.gif

If this were possible, and I see no reason for it not to be, it would be great to have the program as sort of a emulator. Where you can load the .swf files you want. It would be great!

Btw, I noticed some of your posts on wehackwii, and you don't need to worry about your language skills.. Most of the American or english people I talk to type alot worse than a regular Ola Nordman..
biggrin.gif

MertenNor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
tnx for the reply there
smile.gif

if this wold release people can make flash games for the Wii ore like for the Wii Remote
biggrin.gif

I am going to make a simple flash game if this releases
biggrin.gif

MertenNor
PS. sorry for my bad english

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as far as i know nintendo opened the wiiware system for games developed in flash. i don't know if they get "compiled" in a special way to run on the wii or if there is in fact a port of flashplayer >7 for ppc and the ios system.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
This would be epic, but I can't see it happening for awhile, simply because everyone's going crazy over the usb loader right now. Great idea though! I just wish I had some programming/coding ability, I would love to help with this kinda stuff.

leonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I'd love this... Spewer, Fancy Pants Adventures, N, Desktop Tower Defense...

Have the window resizable with a "Fit to screen" option.

Do the Wiimote controls like he said, with the pointer obviously being the mouse, A button for a click (but mappable to a different button)... then the other buttons mappable to keys.

Also, support for USB keyboards, for games that require a lot of buttons (probably not many Flash games do, though).

Spewer on a Wiimote turned sideways would kick the ass of Spewer on a keyboard.

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want this bad enough, try compiling Gnash to the Wii.

I have no idea how well it'd work, or even how well Gnash itself works.

It's either that, or try and hook into the Flash software that's in the Opera browser, and that's assuming it's like dynamically linked. If it's statically linked in the Opera binary, that won't work too well.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is an awesome idea. i hope someone does make a specialty emulator for this. I'd love to play gold miner vegas on my wii.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lost My Mind said:
If this became possable, wouldn't it also be possable to play flash videos using the new software?

you mean like youtube??

use the OPERA browser for wii and visit youtube.com/TV

there are a few other sites that work streaming on the OPERA browser too
smile.gif

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theBLUEBIRD said:
If this were possible, and I see no reason for it not to be, it would be great to have the program as sort of a emulator. Where you can load the .swf files you want. It would be great!

lolol. I know this is borderline trolling, but grats on being the first person to spell possible correctly. Shit had me crackin up.

On a slightly related note though. It'd be absolutely awesome if someone managed to port firefox + gnash to Wii.

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, Firefox might be a bit on the slow side.

Might want to use something more or less geared towards embedded applications, like Safari/Webkit. After all, that's used on Android, and the iPhone, and in QT, etc, etc.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xWhiite linux on wii uses IceWeasel which is a branch of firefox... not sure if it supports gnash as I didn't have a wired adapter when I tried it (and at the time, that was and maybe still is, the only way to get internet to work in it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo