Hacking Flash Combo for DS Lite?

Shaft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. The Girlfriend and I just purchased 2 DS Lites. We're proud of it! Now we wanna do some homebrew stuff.

What is the best Flash card combo? I'm thinking of using SD cards for memory cuz it seems to be the best route unless someone can prove me wrong. SO whats best? Superpass? SuperKey? There are soo many choices out there and we are stumped. There is a nice combo for Supercard SD & Superpass for $58 cdn at gamersection. They also have the Supercard SD & Superpass 2 there for $10 more.

Help me please.

Also once this stuff is up and running, is it possible to play Mulitplay WIFI using 1 card?

Cheers!! and thank you!
nds.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you cannot use a superpass 1 with the ds lite, you can use the superpass 2, but it takes a little effort just to load up and is usually best used to flash your DS.

you want a superkey (or passcard 3) to go with a supercard (or m3) if you intend on using SD cards. I personally prefer M3 because GBA means a lot to me.

You can do Single card play multiplayer over local wifi with one card, but you must then use FlashMe on the receiving DS.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imho, i would get the ds-x

it is a single ds card, that works in any ds! it needs no gba, and is the perfect solution. also, if you like sd, or microsd, get the ds-linker. it is same as ds-x but takes microsd/transflash cards

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unforunately, flashme is starting to slow down in popularity due to too many horror stories and rumors about how hard/unsafe it is....if you take the proper precautions and apply common sense, it is easy and safe. I've been using the flashme+ g6 combo on my ds lites so far and cannot complain one bit. On a side note, one should make sure they don't have shakey hands when attempting the flash with a g6 because there are problems recovering the setup if all you have is a g6 alone.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People also misuse the word "bricked" when referring to an incomplete flashme install. For example, say you flashed 25% then you drop your DS and it turns off. Many people would say "ZOMG! My DS is BRICKED!" When any seasoned flashme novice would know beyond 1%, the DS is fully recoverable.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agreed, only true way of really bricking your ds is if you start your ds in flashme program and then turn it off immediately or the first thing you hit is the short beside SL1....which is pretty damn hard to do unless you're trying to do it.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flash supposedly gives you more battery life. with the nopass you don't have to deal with flashing but you get annoying splash screens (atleast on the passcard 3) and apparantly the battery life is cut down, how much hasn't exactly been confirmed. I currently get 8 hours with my g6 lite passcard 3 combo. I would definatly look into some of the newer slot 1 kits. They look real nice and are the future.

Shaft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.. I gotta get this noobieness outta me. So far I learned I HAVE to flash the DS to play backups, or purchase a PASSKEY 3. 8 hours of bat life sounds good to me. Now once its flashed, does it boot into a different UI? Also you're saying that both DS's have to be flashed to play multiplay on 1 backup card?

Cheers!! Thanks again.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh