Flash Combo for DS Lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shaft, Aug 16, 2006.

Aug 16, 2006

Flash Combo for DS Lite? by Shaft at 3:49 PM (1,464 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Shaft
    OP

Newcomer Shaft Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys. The Girlfriend and I just purchased 2 DS Lites. We're proud of it! Now we wanna do some homebrew stuff.

What is the best Flash card combo? I'm thinking of using SD cards for memory cuz it seems to be the best route unless someone can prove me wrong. SO whats best? Superpass? SuperKey? There are soo many choices out there and we are stumped. There is a nice combo for Supercard SD & Superpass for $58 cdn at gamersection. They also have the Supercard SD & Superpass 2 there for $10 more.

Help me please.

Also once this stuff is up and running, is it possible to play Mulitplay WIFI using 1 card?

Cheers!! and thank you!
    [​IMG]

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    you cannot use a superpass 1 with the ds lite, you can use the superpass 2, but it takes a little effort just to load up and is usually best used to flash your DS.

you want a superkey (or passcard 3) to go with a supercard (or m3) if you intend on using SD cards. I personally prefer M3 because GBA means a lot to me.

You can do Single card play multiplayer over local wifi with one card, but you must then use FlashMe on the receiving DS.

3. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    lol

Also go for a Superkey (or Passcard 3).

4. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    imho, i would get the ds-x

it is a single ds card, that works in any ds! it needs no gba, and is the perfect solution. also, if you like sd, or microsd, get the ds-linker. it is same as ds-x but takes microsd/transflash cards

5. bgwelistyl

Newcomer bgwelistyl Newbie

United States
    nobody realy talks about the combination of having a G6lite and a flashed DS Lite.... wouldn't that be the most ideal case?

6. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yes, but he wants expandability. i have a g6 (orig) and i love it, i reccomend anything from the m3 team.

7. outphase

United States
    That's exactly what I use, but I try to throw out ideas that are not "MY CARD IS THE BEST, BUY THIS CARD!"

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    unforunately, flashme is starting to slow down in popularity due to too many horror stories and rumors about how hard/unsafe it is....if you take the proper precautions and apply common sense, it is easy and safe. I've been using the flashme+ g6 combo on my ds lites so far and cannot complain one bit. On a side note, one should make sure they don't have shakey hands when attempting the flash with a g6 because there are problems recovering the setup if all you have is a g6 alone.

9. outphase

United States
    People also misuse the word "bricked" when referring to an incomplete flashme install. For example, say you flashed 25% then you drop your DS and it turns off. Many people would say "ZOMG! My DS is BRICKED!" When any seasoned flashme novice would know beyond 1%, the DS is fully recoverable.

10. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    agreed, only true way of really bricking your ds is if you start your ds in flashme program and then turn it off immediately or the first thing you hit is the short beside SL1....which is pretty damn hard to do unless you're trying to do it.

11. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    If I flash past 1%, I can reflash it with Start, Select, A and B?

12. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    you can resume the flashing in the recovery mode programmed into flashme and finish up whatever you need.

13. ctunightfall

Newcomer ctunightfall Member

United States
    Advantage of Flash vs. no pass?

14. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    flash supposedly gives you more battery life. with the nopass you don't have to deal with flashing but you get annoying splash screens (atleast on the passcard 3) and apparantly the battery life is cut down, how much hasn't exactly been confirmed. I currently get 8 hours with my g6 lite passcard 3 combo. I would definatly look into some of the newer slot 1 kits. They look real nice and are the future.

15. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well the SuperCard team did say you could remove the SuperPass or similar product once you boot into the SuperCard's menu. Anyone able to confirm that?

16. Shaft
    OP

Newcomer Shaft Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys, thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.. I gotta get this noobieness outta me. So far I learned I HAVE to flash the DS to play backups, or purchase a PASSKEY 3. 8 hours of bat life sounds good to me. Now once its flashed, does it boot into a different UI? Also you're saying that both DS's have to be flashed to play multiplay on 1 backup card?

Cheers!! Thanks again.
    [​IMG]