Hacking Flash Carts being removed from sites?

StellaCaelum5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2 that I ordered before Christmas. I've noticed that slowly all these sites that used to sell flash carts (Acekards, R4, M3, etc.) are no longer selling them. What's up with that? The only site I have left is RealHotStuff.com. What happened to gamebygame.com (used to be dealwoot) and dealextreme.com?? (even though I know they have a "workaround" going, why can't they just flat out sell it?)

This is just curiosity. I appreciate all who respond!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who cares (not to mention there are other threads already that have discussed this ad-nauseum...and completely wrong section by the way - your post is not AK specific
excl.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
even if Paypal makes RHS stop selling them, i think they'll just stop using paypal because you can pay RHS directly with a credit card.. thats how I did it..

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets face it...ds games are getting lamer and lamer...and less really good ones...maybe 1 out of every 100 games released is good.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is news to me cause I never really noticed, which is funny because I'm on dealextreme all the time.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
lets face it...ds games are getting lamer and lamer...and less really good ones...maybe 1 out of every 100 games released is good.

But these stores didn't stop selling flash carts because of all the lame ass ds games being released. They stopped selling them because of the complaints they were getting.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda odd that the ONLY site I've ever bought flashcarts from (RHS) is still going while others have been shut down or forced to remove flashcarts.

Not that it matters much to me. For all I care, all the places can stop selling them now, I already have my flashcarts. (blows a raspberry)
nyanya.gif

junker_man32 said:
This too.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimplyMods still has them, although they don't have a very large selection. Old news is old.

dods15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought mine at Focal Price in December, and I thin they don't have it anymore now, but I received mine today.
rolleyes.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I think if they put them back up advertised as homebrew devices omitting anything to do with being used for DS ROMs (or using the nice, law friendly word "backup" which works at least in Europe) they could get away with it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
I think if they put them back up advertised as homebrew devices omitting anything to do with being used for DS ROMs (or using the nice, law friendly word "backup" which works at least in Europe) they could get away with it.

No they couldn't.

FP's product page for the AK2i

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:2TWq3iP...lient=firefox-a

QUOTE* Acekard 2i writes directly to the save file on your MicroSD card. No need to manually select save types nor battery.
* Save files are compatible with other flash carts.
* Acekard 2i inherit the best quality of acekard's products. You can just drag and drop software on MicroSD card to run.
* The Acekard 2i is compatible with all homebrew because of the DLDI auto-patcher. You can just copy the homebrews to the MicroSD card and run it. You can use Moonshell, one of the most well known homebrew software on DS, for multi media. Watching movie, listening MP3, reading TXT novel on DS is so easy.
* Acekard 2i support SDHC and offer unlimited space for you. You can copy all you favorite software, songs and movie to one MicroSD card.
* Acekard 2i can be meet with any brand of MicroSD card. Do not need to worry about the speed of MicroSD card.
* Acekard 2i support Action Replay cheats in .dat, .xml and .cc format. You can select how to use AR cheats by using the build-in editor.
That doesn't mention anything about roms or being able to play commercial games and they still had to remove it. You might get away with listing it as a homebrew in France, but not the US.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously the US laws are more draconian... If I recall right you guys don't really "own" any games only the right to use them, meaning you are not allowed to make and play backups at all. Your laws suck ass.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm relatively new to all this and hadn't heard anything about a DMCA takedown... but I've seen the Acekards still advertised at the two sites I've bought from - ConsoleSource and KickGaming. Maybe they're ok as they're both located in Canada?

-Atashi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment