Hacking flash cart

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody told me that sometimes if you review a cart on your website, the dev team will give you a sample of their cart. Is this real? Is there any other way I can get a flash cart? I already have one but I'm looking for a new one. I CANNOT BY ONE FROM A WEBSITE! (long story) so please don't say that. I'm not cheap either

S

spectral

Its true but they will only give them to well established sites such as gbatemp. You cant just set up some crappy site that noone knows about and expect one.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, unless you have a nice, hosted website with your own domain, with lots of reviews and lots of traffic, companies won't be interested in sending you a free review sample. So you really shouldn't go and make a freewebs site (lol) and try to get one. If you aren't allowed to buy stuff online or something, you could always go on Craigslist and buy a shitty R4 off someone for 60 bucks, and get a micro SD at Walmart for like 5X their actual value.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Companies only give review samples to websites that get a lot of traffic such as GBATemp since its a good way to advertise the product/store.

EDiT: You guys beat me to it =(

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
congrats!!
tongue.gif

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Curley5959 said:
congrats!!
tongue.gif
thnx
smile.gif
I also emailed the ttds team, I might do the acecard2 as well
EDIT: To make my site more user friendly, I made a new domain for it: www.dstemp.tk ...lol, its inspired by gbatemp. I need to work my ass off and make a flashcard sec when the samples come

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemongalaxy said:
Curley5959 said:
congrats!!
tongue.gif
thnx
smile.gif
I also emailed the ttds team, I might do the acecard2 as well
EDIT: To make my site more user friendly, I made a new domain for it: www.dstemp.tk ...lol, its inspired by gbatemp. I need to work my ass off and make a flashcard sec when the samples come
Dude.. you honestly shouldn't be screwing over these flashcart companies just for freebies. I mean you didn't even pay to host your damn website, and you probably will never put up any good reviews. It just seems like you are just doing this for free shit.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
His review isn't bad, out of curiosity, what cart is that on the front page that says insert microsd on it?
I think its an acekard.
To you guys saying Im doing it for freebies, your half wrong.
See, I really like tinkering with stuff and telling people what to buy. Im not a cheapass, I bought my m3 from gameyeeah for $50. Sure I want to try the freebies, but I want to write a review as well.
And by the way, the acekard2 team, and supercard team are giving me review samples, its because they liked my review.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmm you mean the original AceKard? Looks kinda cool.
smile.gif

Lol sorry to burst your bubble, but AceKard team is really really generous, as long as you have anything that isn't utter crap, they'll give it to you. I mean cmon, GBATemp got 50 AceKard 2s and 5 AceKard RPGs to give away, they offered me lots of stuff, several AceKard RPGS, multiple AceKard 2s for a single review, etc. As for the Supercard team, sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't even read the reviews you show em (not to mention their English is so bad it wouldn't have made a difference), they just check that you do have a review.
Doesnt matter, Im not doing it for them, im doing it for the readers to tell them if the cards good or not...guess I have to start my way with the easy companies first, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.