flash cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mcjones92, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

flash cart by mcjones92 at 4:06 AM (1,288 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    Somebody told me that sometimes if you review a cart on your website, the dev team will give you a sample of their cart. Is this real? Is there any other way I can get a flash cart? I already have one but I'm looking for a new one. I CANNOT BY ONE FROM A WEBSITE! (long story) so please don't say that. I'm not cheap either

2. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    its true, you can. But make it a good review, and give them a good email about it

3. spectral

spectral Newbie

Its true but they will only give them to well established sites such as gbatemp. You cant just set up some crappy site that noone knows about and expect one.

4. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    To be honest, unless you have a nice, hosted website with your own domain, with lots of reviews and lots of traffic, companies won't be interested in sending you a free review sample. So you really shouldn't go and make a freewebs site (lol) and try to get one. If you aren't allowed to buy stuff online or something, you could always go on Craigslist and buy a shitty R4 off someone for 60 bucks, and get a micro SD at Walmart for like 5X their actual value.

5. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Companies only give review samples to websites that get a lot of traffic such as GBATemp since its a good way to advertise the product/store.

EDiT: You guys beat me to it =(

6. pokemongalaxy

Canada
    The supercard team emailed me today. They say they might do it.

7. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    congrats!! [​IMG]

8. pokemongalaxy

Canada
    thnx [​IMG] I also emailed the ttds team, I might do the acecard2 as well
    EDIT: To make my site more user friendly, I made a new domain for it: www.dstemp.tk ...lol, its inspired by gbatemp. I need to work my ass off and make a flashcard sec when the samples come

9. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Dude.. you honestly shouldn't be screwing over these flashcart companies just for freebies. I mean you didn't even pay to host your damn website, and you probably will never put up any good reviews. It just seems like you are just doing this for free shit.

10. pokemongalaxy

Canada
    I think its an acekard.
    To you guys saying Im doing it for freebies, your half wrong.
    See, I really like tinkering with stuff and telling people what to buy. Im not a cheapass, I bought my m3 from gameyeeah for $50. Sure I want to try the freebies, but I want to write a review as well.
    And by the way, the acekard2 team, and supercard team are giving me review samples, its because they liked my review.

11. pokemongalaxy

Canada
    Doesnt matter, Im not doing it for them, im doing it for the readers to tell them if the cards good or not...guess I have to start my way with the easy companies first, lol