emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supercard DSTwo- If you have the money. Top notch compatability, has exclusive SNES and GBA emulators becasue it has its own CPU.

Acekard 2i- If you have a budget, AKAIO means it has good compatability. I have one myyself and have no complaints.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want a basic flashcart, get the Acekard 2i. It's a no frills cart, but does what it does very well and is also very popular thanks to AKAIO. If you want a more advanced Flashcart, get the DSTWO. It has a built in processor which allows it to do GBA/ SNES emulation, and also has real time saves.

If you don't have access to a DS Lite, you will need to get your Acekard 2i preflashed so it will work on DSi firmware 1.4/ 1.4.1. Shoptemp will do this for you as part of their Premium Flashing & Update Service which costs an additional $1. The DSTWO doesn't have this issue.

I have a guide to setting up the Acekard here which serves as a good introduction to the cart.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has the same processor as the Dingoo, and is 360Mhz. But it's not capable of N64 emulation. Remember these flashcarts only work in DS mode, the cannot use the DSi's addional features such as the camera (at the moment)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the DSi? They work, but in DS mode it will be as if you are using it on a DS Lite. There was progress getting them to work in DSi mode with a WiFi exploit. I don't know if 1.4.1 fixed that.

However given that the Supercard team made a workaround for the DSi 1.4.1 firmware in under a day, if any cart will it's the DSTWO.

link907

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thx i have money 4 a ds2 so im going for it lol a bud of mine bought the r4i gold off me 4 30$ he said he knew he could get it cheeper he just hated shipping and online sales. do i need to do the flashing services on shoptemp

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the DSTWO? i'd say you don't need to. It will need to have it's firmware updated, but it's something you can easily do yourself due to how the DSTWO updates. It's one of it's plus points. You simply place the firmware update on your MicroSD card, power on the DSi, and the DSTWO will automatically update it's firmware.

The firmware update is here http://gbatemp.net/t252940-dstwo-update-fo...-1-4-2-released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night