Fishing before I put up my WTS add. Selling off things for surgery.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a little info before I put up my WTS add to figure out if I am going to have better luck here, or chancing ebay. Short version of a long story is, I need surgery. I fit into one of those lovely US tax lanes to where I don't qualify for Medicaid, but can't afford insurance. Lower middle class if you will. So my options are pay for this out of pocket, or wait 10 months until I am on the floor gasping for air, and hope the surgery gets done before I expire. (It's an upper respiratory surgery, if there is enough interest I don't mind the whole sob story, but its a lot to type.) I am planning to put up a WTS add with Flash Carts, Handhelds, and Electronics. Before that, I wanted to see if anyone in the community had some thoughts on the computer I am selling. I am selling off my main rig which makes me a touch sad, but living seemed to outweigh my need for computer gaming.

TL;DR I need surgery, do you think this computer is worth selling to help offset costs?

My current rig is as follows. I have a mid Cooler Master case which I added the board from a Dell Studio XPS 435mt workstation. I have the original case which I can stuff everything back into if I go the ebay route, but if you're using it like I am, the more spacious case is nice. Specs are as Follows.

CPU: i7 975 Extreme Edition (Socket 1366; 3.33 GHz Quad Core)
Memory: 16 GB DDR 3 (Board Maxes at 24GB)
Video Card: EVGA GTX 680 (2 GB DDR5 , still under warranty. This is a new refurb card I got a few weeks ago so very low mileage.)
HDD: 160 GB SSD (2 X intel 80 GB SSD in Striped Raid) as Well as 2 TB internal.
Optical: Blu-Ray Drive/DvD-RW.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. (COA, and Stickers all still on original case. All Legitimate, nothing pirated)
Power Supply: 750 Watt Modular Corsair

If I forgot any glaring specs, I am happy to answer any questions. If I were to put this on Ebay, I would put everything back in the Dell case, and swap the video card, as the 680 will not fit in the Dell case. The card I had in there before was a single slot Power Color AMD HD6850. (1 GB DDR5) At that point I would sell the 680 separately. I know roughly what that could go for, but with current setup I wonder what it might be worth to someone on the temp? Avoiding ebay would be preferable in the long run, and it is frankly a better PC in the bigger case with a better video card. Meant for this post to be shorter, but there's the info I wanted to get out. Any thoughts on price, or even an offer if you like?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf