OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

First Wii Homebrew DVD Player

By Team Symbiote

Team Symbiote have just released the first DVD player for Nintendo Wii:

[title:Team Symbiote's Wii DVD Player]==[Overview]==

Team Symbiote have released a DVD Player for the Wii, now all those Wii modders can jump for joy. It seems as if a lot of hackers were at work on the project and it is a total software solution to get DVDs playing on the Wii. In order to get it working, you have to Burn the application with Clone CD, then boot it in a modded Wii with a homebrew program YAOSM 1.8, when the menu pops up you simply hit Z to unmount, change the disc to a DVD Movie and then hit START to play - DVD movies finally playable on the Wii!

==[Movie Controls]==

L, Left, and Down = Rewind

R, Right, and Up = Fast Forward

Start, and A = Pause/Play

B = Stop

X = Subtitles On/Off

Y, Left Thumbstick, and Right Thumbstick = Nothing

Z = Unmount

Burn with clone CD, Boot in modded wii with homebrew based mod programmed with YOASM 1.8 (such as wii-boss). When menu comes up then the hit "z" to unmount, change disc to DVD movie and hit "start" to play.

download.gif
Download from our download center: click here

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nice way to put more load on your wii's laser
smile.gif
imo I'd just buy a cheap-o $35 dvd player and plug it in, as dvd aren't HD anyway and nor is the wii..but better to save your laser than wasting it on a 2 hour long film
smile.gif

but on the other hand, this is cool since it shows you now that the unit definitely can play dvd movies, although the admin didn't put any screen shot >:)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nice way to put more load on your wii's laser
smile.gif
 imo I'd just buy a cheap-o $35 dvd player and plug it in, as dvd aren't HD anyway and nor is the wii..but better to save your laser than wasting it on a 2 hour long film
smile.gif

but on the other hand, this is cool since it shows you now that the unit definitely can play dvd movies, although the admin didn't put any screen shot >:)

How is this putting more load on your laser. We all know that the Wii can handle DVDs, Nintendo is just holding out of activating the feature. Maybe this will put more pressure on them to do so
laugh.gif

ianz

Trophies
XP
Country
and isn't the wii laser already used alot for the streaming audio in gamecube games?
playing dvds sould me no problem for the laser

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
Here is a tip for people who want the .dol file :

Mount the .000 file (not the .dvd one) on Daemon Tools then copy .dol file and .bz2 file on your SD Card or burn it with GCOS
smile.gif

I try this homebrew and it's pretty cool, there are subtitles, great point but they miss the option to change voices on movies
frown.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't put more strain on the laser than anything else, but all electronics only have a lifetime of a particular period. My PS1 laser burnt out after a couple of years of pretty solid use. The way I see it, why use part of the lifetime of a AU$399 console to do something that can be done (and better!) by some thing that you can pick up for as little as AU$50.

In principle though, it is a pretty cool discovery!
grog.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The title is ambiguous. (Yea, thats me using one of my vocab words
tongue.gif
) I was like OMG! Wii HB that's a DVD player! Not having tried it, Now I think its just normal GC HB.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my DVD players are broken. Only one I have is on my laptop. How do I burn this with IMGBurn?

edit: look like they just edited mfe

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, i didn't think this would be possible before nintendo's DVD attachment were released. this is great news, i'm going to spred it to my friends!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...