First trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie released

detective pika.JPG

The POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie featuring the world-famous electric rat and co. just had its first trailer released! POKÉMON Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as the voice of the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the Pokémon brand. The movie releases in theaters May 11, 2019.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

The movie is directed by Rob Letterman (“Goosebumps,” “Monsters Vs. Aliens”) with the visual effects handled by Moving Picture Company (“Wonder Woman”) and Framestore (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”) while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute the movie outside of China and Japan.

What are your thoughts about the first trailer?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 732

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Looks surprisingly good! Although the CGI is a bit uncanny but what could you expect tbh. Also I'm a bit interested in the reasoning behind this movie being WB and the Mario movie being illumination. Other than the fact that nintendo and game freak are two different companies, and WB has worked with pokemon in the past, and mario is getting his theme park section in universal, what possible reason could there be?!

Reactions: JavaScribe

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it reminds me the Jasse&James 's Meow, that one in particular is able to speak to everyones, while all wild ones can't, can anybody explain it?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What................ in the WORLD............. just .........happened here............?? Uhm... no? W... why? No I mean I LOVE Pokemon and have waited a long time for a live action movie but.... why like THIS? Who asked for this?

Reactions: PanTheFaun

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aside from some of the Pokémon looking really uncanny after "realifying" and the tone of the movie possibly being way too far from the light-hearted adventure any Pokémon story should be... it actually looks kinda okay? On one hand I hope they don't mess it up, but on another... I don't want it to warrant a live-action follow-ups. Pokémon movies should be animated (like literally all movies ever, since animation is superior to live-action in every possible way, but hey, that's too time-consuming and whatever and also a niche view despite its objective correctness), so please don't start another f*cking "cinematic universe".

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the first time i've ever gotten hope for any live-action, ever. It looks surprisingly good. Sure it looks weird still, but compared to a lot of other live-actions out there, it looks nice. I'm definetly looking forward for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over