first time with 3in1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Kazz, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Kazz
    OP

Kazz Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2015
    Poland
    so i have that ezflash V 3in1 thing and i have no idea what i'm doing...

I've been straggling for weeks now and i can't understand how this works :(

I have Acecard with AKAIO so i shouldn't need any other soft but...

I won't to play Golden Sun (for now). When i was using default settings every every time i run the game i had to start from the beginning. Looks like it was overriding my save with clear one, at some point i set it up not to do anything automatically and ask before doing anything and manage to get a round it however i override it by accident anyway at some point...

I would like to understand how does it work and how to control what am doing :(

I understand that i'm supposed to use some soft to copy the gba game and save data into that ezflash and for now on it's gonna act like a gba cartridge? as in i can run it even with nothing in SLOT1?

As for now i would like to put a Golden sun game and save file i made with VisualBoyAdvanceM.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    AKAIO sticks a header to all gba saves it uses.

Top hex view is a AKAIO save, bottom save is a regular raw save or one used by GBA ExpLoader.
    [​IMG]

You would have to add a header to your save from VBA-M to use in AKAIO. You can just use any hex editor. The reverse is true, you will need to remove that header when moving a save from AKAIO to VBA-M.

3. Kazz
    OP

Kazz Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2015
    Poland
    Thank you, that worked. However AKAIO still acts weird.

I found GBA Exploader to be more intelligible for me.

Can i somehow remove ezflash support from AKAIO? Atm i menage to load rom and sav to NOR with GBAExp and it works without anything in SLOT-1. However if i run AKAIO and choose SLOT-2 it must be using its own soft because that removes my save...

I more or less understand how this thing works, but what is the difference between NOR Mode and PSRAM mode?

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    nope

On your microSD, you go into the folder __aio and open the globalsettings.ini in notepad.

Then scroll down to GBALoadedNORTitle and remove everything on the right side of the equal sign.

FROM
    GBALoadedNORTitle = fat0:/yourGBAgame.gba

TO
    GBALoadedNORTitle =

You want to do the same thing for the GBALoadedPSramTitle as well.

Your other option is to run your NOR games from the DS menu
    [​IMG]

You can also turn off the gbaautosave in the globalsettings.ini
    Find gbaAutoSave in the ini file and set it from 1 to 0.