First Time w/ a DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MrCooper, Oct 3, 2010.

Oct 3, 2010

First Time w/ a DS by MrCooper at 6:13 AM (1,122 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. MrCooper
    OP

Member MrCooper GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My brother has recently given me his shiny black DS lite. It is in perfect condition and he has given me 5-6 games and he has only put about 28-30 hrs on the system. What should i do with it?

2. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Play it??

3. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    Get a flashcart and pirate some GAEEEEMS.

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    yes you must pirate...

5. Black_Knight_666

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Lol! exactly what i was gonna say [​IMG]

6. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Download a shitload of ROMs and blow your mind. Then when you get bored of piracy, just delete all your ROMs, and start buying your games. you will thank me later.

in fact, just skip the first step, and just buy your games. No, I don't support anti-piracy and I am not a white knight. I just get a warm and fuzzy felling, and I actually enjoy games MORE when I buy them.

7. Necoconeco

Banned Necoconeco Banned

United States
    If you sell your 6 games, you might have enough for a flashcart + memory card. And thats all you'll ever need.

I'd say buy your games instead but thats something smug people say and I'm not feeling very smug right now.

Best part about flashcarts is you don't have to lug around 20 kinds of cartridges like I used to in school.

8. harobikes34

Newcomer harobikes34 Newbie

United States
    Agreed

9. 0ddity

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You don't even have to pirate (games) to get endless enjoyment out of a flashcart, use MS2 and it can be a media player, or use for IM, or chatting in GBATemp IRC, etc.

10. danweb

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I suggest looking at the essentials ds games topic that is a sticky in this section of the forum. I also say that you need to get MarioKart, The World Ends With You, Peggle Duel Shot, New Super Mario Bros dan Professor Layton and the Curious Village and grab a pokemon. Any pokemon will do. These are all great and will give you a good idea of how the system works and what kinds of games you like on the system. Then i suggest getting a flashcart from shoptemp.com and see which games are like your favorites from that list and download a copy. Any games you like from that, buy as i don't agree with piracy.

I hope that you get the most out of the system as you can and i assure you that it is great system that has games for all ages of gamers, not just little kids like many silly people think.

Enjoy your new device [​IMG]